Spanish La Liga Opta Facts - 31 October - 1 November
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Real Madrid v Getafe
- Both teams have won this fixture four times in the top flight, drawing twice.
- Getafe have managed one La Liga win at the Bernabeu, 1-0 in February 2008.
- Getafe have recorded four wins and fours defeats so far this season and are yet to draw.
- Michel's team have lost their last three away matches in the league.
- Real have won their four home league games this term netting 15 goals in the process.
- Real's subs have been the most prolific in La Liga so far, bagging five goals.
- Juan Angel Albin has scored three goals in his last two matches against Real.
- Madrid won 3-2 the last time they hosted Getafe, despite being 2-1 down five minutes from time. Pepe was sent off in this match for a foul that earned him a 10-match ban.
- Real Madrid are the most prolific side in the final 15 minutes of matches in La Liga this season, scoring seven in this period.
- Real Madrid suffered a 4-0 defeat against a third division side on Wednesday in the Copa del Rey.
Xerez v Sevilla
- Xerez have scored the fewest goals in the first eight games of the season, three.
- After losing their first two home games, Xerez have mustered four points from their last two.
- Sevilla have not scored in their last two league matches, a defeat against Deportivo and a goalless draw at home to Espanyol.
- Sevilla have kept five clean sheets in their last seven away league fixtures.
- Only Barcelona, four, have conceded fewer goals than Sevilla, five, this season in La Liga.
- Sevilla have won all five games in which they have scored the first goal.
Osasuna v Barcelona
- Barcelona have scored the most league goals, 23, and conceded the fewest, four.
- The Catalans are the only unbeaten team in La Liga.
- The last team to beat Guardiola's men in La Liga was Osasuna at the Camp Nou in their last home game of 2008/09.
- Walter Pandiani has scored six of Osasuna 10 league goals. The experienced striker has also scored in the last two matches between these two sides.
- Since 2000 Barcelona have played nine times at the Reyno de Navarra stadium, winning three times and losing twice.
- Of the remaining four draws three were goalless.
- Osasuna have won their last two home games in the league without conceding a single goal.
- Barcelona have scored seven headed goals, a league high.
- The "blaugrana" have netted 11 goals from set piece situations.
- Almeria are the only team of seven to have prevented Zlatan Ibrahimovic from scoring in the league this season.
- Osasuna have conceded just two first half goals in the league this season but Barcelona have netted 14 of their 23 before the break.
Athletic v Atletico
- Atletico have taken the most penalties in the league, three, but missed two. Athletic have taken one and missed one.
- The team from Madrid became the first this season to change manager; this game will be Quique Sanchez Flores' first match in charge.
- Diego Forlan has scored 10 goals in his 10 appearances against Athletic Bilbao.
- Atletico have conceded the most goals, 18.
- Athletic have conceded eight goals in their last three home league matches.
- The Basque team have collected just one point from their last five league fixtures.
- Atletico have won only once on the four occasions that they have scored first.
- Atletico have dropped eight points from matches in which they have taken the lead - the most in La Liga this season.
- In their last six encounters at the San Mames, Athletic have won just once and lost four times.
Villarreal v Tenerife
- Villarreal have dropped the most points after scoring first in the league this season; seven.
- Only Xerez have scored fewer goals than these two sides; Tenerife have netted five and Villarreal seven.
- Villarreal have kept just one clean sheet in their last 15 league fixtures.
- At this stage last season Villarreal had three times as many points (18) as they do currently (6).
- Tenerife have lost all four away games they have played so far this term in the league, shipping 10 goals.
- These two sides have met four times in the top flight with Villarreal winning on just one occasion.
- Tenerife have only once scored five goals away from home in the top flight, against Villarreal in 1998, winning 5-2.
Espanyol v Valladolid
- Real Valladolid scored four goals in one game last week, the first time in five years that they have done this in the top flight. The last time was a 4-1 away win in Bilbao in March 2004.
- Valladolid have lost seven of their last 10 away league fixtures.
- Espanyol are on a six-game unbeaten run, three wins and three draws.
- The Catalan team have conceded just one goal in their last four league matches.
- In their last ten home league fixtures, Espanyol have won eight times, losing against Real Madrid and sharing the points with Xerez.
- Real Valladolid have received the most red cards in the league this season, five.
- Nauzet Alemán has bagged three goals in his last two league outings.
Mallorca v Racing
- Only three sides have won all of their home matches in La Liga this season - Mallorca, Real Madrid and Barcelona.
- Mallorca have only conceded one goal at home this season - fewer than any other side in La Liga.
- In their last 10 home league matches, Mallorca have won nine and lost one, 2-3 against Villarreal last season.
- Nine of Mallorca's 15 goals have been scored in the first 30 minutes of the second half.
- Mallorca have won four and lost one of their last five league meetings with Racing.
- Racing have shared the points in three of their last four league matches.
- Racing have collected six points of their total of seven this season in away matches.
Zaragoza v Almeria
- Zaragoza have won once in their last seven league matches and conceded 10 goals in their last three.
- Zaragoza have never scored more than one goal in their six previous encounters with Almeria in the top flight.
- Zaragoza are the only side to have scored in all eight of their matches in La Liga this season.
- The previous three games between these two sides in Zaragoza have produced a total of three goals.
- Almeria have won once in their last five league fixtures.
- Almeria have kept one clean sheet in their last 30 away matches in La Liga.
- Almeria's goalkeeper Diego Alves has made the most saves in La Liga this season, 37.
Malaga v Valencia
- After winning their opening game of the season, Malaga have slumped to the bottom of the table thanks to a run of six defeats and one draw.
- Malaga have lost five of the six games in which they have conceded the first goal.
- Malaga have managed just one win in their last 23 league meetings with Valencia.
- Since 1984, Malaga have only once beaten Valencia in the Spanish top division, 3-0 in May 2001.
- Malaga have not scored at home against Valencia in their last three league encounters there.
- Valencia have not conceded a goal in their last three league games.
- Valencia have won three of their four away games so far this season.
- David Villa has scored three goals in the last two meetings between the sides.
Deportivo v Sporting
- Deportivo's defeat against Valladolid was their heaviest since losing 5-0 to Barcelona back in January.
- Last four Depor home wins have been by the same scoreline, 1-0.
- Last season Sporting won this fixture in Galicia 3-0, their first ever win at the Riazor in the top flight.
- After losing against champions Barcelona in the opening day of the season, Sporting have lost just once in the ensuing seven matches.
- Six of Deportivo's 11 goals have come from set piece situations.
- Sporting have conceded the most headed goals in the league, five.
- Miguel de las Cuevas has scored four of the last five Sporting goals in the league.