Spanish La Liga Opta Facts: 4-5 April
In conjunction with Opta Sportsdata, Europe's largest sports information providers, we bring you Opta Facts on this weekend's Spanish La Liga matches.
The vital information you need to read to make a sound judgement in your football betting.
We highlight the key historical stats and facts for each of the La Liga matches.
Valencia v Getafe
- Getafe have missed four of the seven penalties that they have taken so far this term.
- Getafe have not won away from home in the last 10 league away games, drawing five and losing five.
- Against Racing Valencia kept their first clean sheet in the last 16 league fixtures. Only Sporting (26) have conceded more home goals than Valencia (22).
- It’s exactly one year since Valencia failed to score at the Mestalla in the league (0-3 v Mallorca on 30/03/08).
- Valencia have scored exactly one goal in their last six league matches.
- In four visits to the Mestalla in the top flight Getafe managed to collect jut one point.
- Getafe have collected just fibe points in their last 10 away fixtures.
Recreativo v Sevilla
- Recreativo have been caught offside more than any other side (115).
- Recreativo Huelva have managed one win in their last eight league matches.
- Recre have failed to score just once in the last 16 league games.
- Recre’s defender Nasief Morris is the only outfield player to have played every minute of the season so far.
- Sevilla are the only team yet to score from the penalty spot in the league this term.
- Sevilla have kept the most clean sheets (13) in the league this season.
- Sevilla have scored the fewest goals from set piece situations in the league this season; just four - 11% of their total.
- Sevilla have collected 16 points in the last six games.
- Recreativo have met Sevilla in the top division nine times, won once and lost seven times.
Valladolid v Barcelona
- Real Valladolid have scored the most goals from set pieces this season - 20.
- Valladolid have lost three of the last six home league fixtures.
- Barcelona have conceded the fewest penalties in La Liga (2).
- Barcelona’s goals have been netted by players from 11 different countries, a La Liga record.
- Barcelona playmaker Xavi has supplied the most assists in the league - 14.
- The Catalans have conceded the fewest goals, 24.
- Since 1990 Valladolid have won only twice at home against Barcelona and have always conceded.
- Barcelona have scored two or more goals in 11 of their 13 away games this season.
- Samuel Eto’o has scored 25 goals in 25 league games so far.
Malaga v Real Madrid
- Malaga are the best team from the penalty spot; converting all seven the spot kicks they have been awarded so far.
- Malaga have the worst passing accuracy in La Liga (65%).
- Malaga have conceded the most headed goals (11).
- Malaga have also conceded the most goals from outside the box – 11.
- Real Madrid have scored the most goals from outside the box – 14.
- Real are unbeaten in the last 13 league matches, having won 12 and drawn one.
- Klaas Jan Huntelaar, has fired in eight goals in the last six games.
- Malaga striker Nabil Baha has been replaced the most times, 20.
- Malaga have lost their last nine league encounters with Real Madrid shipping 24 goals.
Almeria v Villarreal
- Almeria are the only side whose subs have not yet scored a goal.
- Almeria have been given the most red cards – nine.
- Almeria have kept only one clean sheet in their last 23 league fixtures.
- Almeria have lost only one game at home since Hugo Sanchez has been appointed as manager, against Barcelona.
- Villarreal’s keeper Diego Lopez has made the most saves – 103.
- Villarreal midfielder Marcos Senna has been the most fouled player in La Liga so far this term – 84.
- The only previous game in the top division between these two sides in Almeria was played last term when the hosts won 1-0.
- Villarreal have managed to get only three points in the last seven away league matches.
Athletic v Mallorca
- Athletic Bilbao have been awarded the most penalties (nine) but have scored just five of them.
- Fernando Llorente has conceded the most fouls - 72.
- Mallorca have the worst shot conversion rate in La Liga - 10%.
- Mallorca are unbeaten in seven games; collecting four wins and three draws.
- The Basque team have mustered just two points in the last seven league matches.
- Athletic have not kept a clean sheet in 2009.
- Mallorca have mustered seven points in their last three away fixtures.
- Mallorca have won their first ever visit to the San Mames in the league, 2-1 in 1961, and their last, 2-1 in 2008.
- In between just two more wins.
Atletico v Osasuna
- Atletico have given away the most penalties - nine.
- Antonio Camacho’s side have lost once in the last nine league games.
- Osasuna have kept six clean sheets in the last eight matches.
- Osasuna have yet to win their first away game this season.
- In their last seven league games, Sergio Aguero (4) and Diego Forlan (7) have scored 11of Atletico’s 12 goals.
- Diego Forlan has hit the woodwork more than any other player - eight times.
- Osasuna have shared the points the most times, 11.
- Osasuna have won four times in the top league at the Calderon and always by one goal difference: 2-1 in 1960 and 1-0 in 1989, 2003 and 2006.
Espanyol v Deportivo
- Espanyol have conceded the most goals from set pieces, 19.
- Espanyol have conceded the most goals in the final 15 minutes of games - 16.
- The Catalans can boast of the highest percentage of goals scored from set piece situations - 48% of their total.
- Deportivo have scored just two goals from outside the box this season - a league low.
- Deportivo have conceded just seven goals from set pieces this season, better than any other team.
- The team from Barcelona have scored just three goals in the last six league encounters with Deportivo.
- Deportivo have lost three and won one of their last five league away matches.
Betis v Numancia
- Real Betis, alongside Recreativo, have scored the fewest headed goals in the league this season; just four.
- Last term they scored the most with 17.
- All of Numancia’s 30 goals have been scored by Spanish players.
- Betis midfielder Achille Emana has supplied seven assists to his team mates so far.
- Numancia have won once and lost 13 of their 14 away games this season.
- Numancia have lost three of their last four league encounters with Betis conceding four in each of the last two.
- Last Betis win at home was last November when they defeated Racing 3-1.
- Real Betis have drawn the last four home games, three times 2-2 and one 0-0.
Sporting v Racing
- Sporting have conceded the most league goals - 59.
- Sporting are the only side in La Liga yet to draw this season, having played in 17 defeats and 11 wins so far.
- Sporting have conceded the most, 555, and won the fewest fouls passes - 380.
- Sporting have scored 61% of their goals in the first 45 minutes – a league-high.
- Racing have the worst shooting accuracy in the Spanish top-flight - 39%.
- Racing have collected just five points in their last eight league games.
- These two teams have shared the points in the top division only once in Gijon, 0-0 in 1984. Racing have lost six of the last seven games played away from home shipping 15 goals.