Spanish La Liga Opta Facts - 5th - 7th March
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Athletic Bilbao - Sevilla
- Athletic have won just one of their last 14 league meetings with Sevilla.
- The nervionenses have won on five of their last six trips to San Mamés.
- Sevilla have won more times (five) at Athletic Bilbao in the last seven seasons than at any other side in Primera.
- Fredéric Kanouté has scored more goals against los leones than any other side in Primera (nine goals in nine games).
- Sevilla have scored more goals against the Basque side than any other team in the Spanish top flight (206).
- In their last game at San Mamés, Athletic Bilbao dropped points in a league match that they were winning at home for the first time this season.
- Three of the Basque side´s four home defeats this season have been by a score of 1-2, the other was 1-3.
- Fernando Llorente has scored in five of Bilbao´s last six league matches at home, including the last three in a row.
- Sevilla´s last four league games on the road have produced 20 goals in total.
- Álvaro Negredo has scored three goals in the nervionenses´ last three away games.
Atlético Madrid - Villarreal
- Villarreal have won five of their last seven league meetings with the colchoneros.
- The "Yellow Submarine" has netted at least twice in each of these last seven encounters.
- However Atlético have never failed to score at home to Villarreal in the top flight.
- Giuseppe Rossi has scored four league goals against Atlético, his joint-most against any club in the Spanish top flight.
- Atlético are without a win in their last three league games at home, the last time they four in a row without a win at the Vicente Calderón in a single season was in January 2006.
- José Antonio Reyes has scored three goals in Atlético´s last four matches at home in the league.
- Villarreal have won only one of their last five away games in the league.
Barcelona - Real Zaragoza
- It is 46 years since Real Zaragoza last won at the Camp Nou in the league, managing only eight draws in 41 matches since.
- In all, Real Zaragoza have played 56 top-flight games at Barcelona, winning just twice (both 1-0).
- Zaragoza have managed just one away win in the league this season - at Málaga.
- However the maños have conceded only 15 league goals on the road this season, fewer than any side outside the top three in Liga BBVA.
- Lionel Messi has scored in his last three league appearances at the Camp Nou.
- Barcelona have won 10 straight league matches at home: since 1997 they have only once made it to 11 consecutive home wins, though this was last season.
- 35 of Barcelona´s 36 league goals at the Camp Nou this season have come from open play, the other was a penalty.
Deportivo La Coruña - Real Sociedad
- Real Sociedad have won four of their last six league clashes with Deportivo.
- Each of Erreala´s last six league wins against Depor have come when they have kept a clean sheet.
- At home, Deportivo have won six of their eight league meetings with the Txuri-udrin since 2000.
- Joseba Llorente has scored in his last two league appearances against Deportivo.
- Depor are unbeaten in their last three league games at the Riazor.
- Deportivo have kept a clean sheet in six of their last nine league games at home.
- Real Sociedad are on a run of three straight defeats away from home in the league, losing the last two 1-4.
Hércules - Almería
- The only previous top-flight meeting between the sides was the 1-1 draw at Almería earlier this season.
- Almería had nine shots on target in this clash, their joint most in a league game this season.
- David Trezeguet has scored 10 goals in 11 league appearances at the Estadio José Rico Pérez, only failing to score against Barcelona and Getafe.
- Hércules have only lost one of their last seven league games at home, against Barcelona.
- Only Málaga and Almería have kept fewer clean sheets at home in the league this season than the herculanos.
- Almería are on a run of five straight defeats away from home in Liga BBVA.
- Hércules are the only side to have lost six straight away games in the competition this season
Levante v Espanyol
- Levante have not beaten Espanyol in the league since 1964, losing five and drawing three of
- the meetings since.
- However the Granotas have lost only one of their five top-flight clashes at home to Espanyol, drawing the last two.
- Luis García has scored in his last two league appearances against Levante.
- Espanyol have won only one of their last 16 league matches in the Comunitat Valenciana, a run dating back to October 2004.
- Levante are on a run of three straight wins at home in Primera they haven´t won four in a row in a season in the competition since 1965.
- Felipe Caicedo has scored seven goals in his last seven league matches at the Ciutat de Vàlencia.
- Espanyol have lost their last two away league games, shipping seven goals in the process.
- The periquitos have lost five of their last six league matches.
Malaga v Osasuna
- Osasuna have only won on one of their last nine trips to Málaga in the top flight.
- Javad Nekounam has scored three goals in four league appearances against the boquerones.
- Málaga are the only side Masoud Shojaei has scored against more than once in Primera.
- The boquerones have kept only one clean sheet at home in the league this season.
- Osasuna are on a run of five straight defeats away from home in Liga BBVA.
- No side has lost more than five straight away games in the competition this season.
- After losing their opening five home games of the season, Málaga have won three of the seven since, losing only two.
- This game sees the meeting of the league´s poorest home side (Málaga, 11 points) and its poorest away side (Osasuna, two points).
- Osasuna are the only side not to have won on the road this season in Liga BBVA.
Mallorca - Valencia
- Valencia´s last eight league wins at Mallorca have come when they have kept a clean sheet.
- Los Che are without a win in their last four league clashes with the Islanders.
- Mallorca have won every league match in which they have scored at home this season.
- The bermellones have scored just one goal in total over their last three league matches at home, losing twice.
- Mallorca were the only side to beat Valencia at home in the league in the first half of the season.
- Valencia have taken 13 points from the last 15 available on the road.
- However, had these last five matches all finished in the 75th minute, they would have taken only four points.
Racing Santander - Real Madrid
- Racing have lost their last seven league meetings with the merengues netting only twice in the process.
- Real Madrid have won 2-0 on their last three league trips to the Sardinero.
- The meeting at the Bernabéu earlier this season saw Cristiano Ronaldo hit four goals.
- Racing Santander are unbeaten in nine league games at home, the best current run of any side outside the top three in Liga BBVA.
- However four of their last five at the Sardinero have been draws.
- Madrid have scored just two goals in their last four away games in the league, their poorest return since December 2008.
- José Mourinho´s side are looking to keep a third consecutive league clean sheet on the road in this match, something they haven´t done since February 2009.
Sporting Gijon - Getafe
- Sporting have won only one of their five meetings with Getafe in the top flight.
- Getafe have never conceded more than one goal in a top-flight league clash with the rojiblancos.
- Sporting are unbeaten in their last four league games at home.
- During this run they have conceded just one goal.
- David Barral has scored in three of his side´s last four league games at home.
- El Geta have failed to find the net in three of their last four away matches in the top flight.
- However they have lost only one of their last six league games on the road.
- Since September, Getafe have only scored away from home in the league in matches in which Miku has found the net (three times).
- Gijón have netted just one goal in their last five league games combined, in the 1-1 draw against Barcelona.