Spanish La Liga Primera Opta Facts 28 Nov - 29 Nov
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Sevilla v Malaga
- Next Saturday will see the 47th top flight derby of Andalucía, Malaga lead by 18 wins to 17.
- Sevilla have only won twice in their last 11 meetings with Malaga in La Liga.
- Manolo Jiménez's side are on a run of three consecutive wins in the league, and are unbeaten at home in their last seven at their home ground.
- After beating Atletico on the opening day of the season, Malaga have been winless in the ensuing 10 match-days of La Liga (seven defeats).
- Away from home, Malaga have picked up only two points from their last eight fixtures in La Liga.
Valladolid v Tenerife
- Real Valladolid are unbeaten in their last five league meetings with Tenerife, in which they have alternated wins and draws.
- Valladolid have only recorded one win in their last eight match-days of La Liga.
- Between this season and last, Valladolid have managed only one win in 10 games at home in the league.
- Since their return to the top flight, Tenerife have shared the points only once, winning three times.
- Away from home the Canarians have lost all of their games this season, scoring only one goal.
Sporting v Villarreal
- These two sides have met only twice in the top flight, last season, when Villarreal won both fixtures.
- Sporting are unbeaten in their last six matches in la Liga (three wins and as many draws).
- At home Manuel Preciado's side have not lost in eight league games, winning five.
- Villarreal have won three of their last four fixtures in the league, but away from home are winless this term and are on a run of four consecutive defeats.
Getafe v Xerez
- This is the first ever meeting between these two sides in the top flight.
- Getafe are the only side in La Liga who are yet to draw a game this term (six defeats and five wins).
- Xerez have only recorded one win in their debut season in the top flight so far (2-1 against Villarreal).
- José Ángel Ziganda's side have drawn their last two league games 0-0, and have failed to score in their last four.
- They are also yet to score their first ever goal on the road in the top flight.
- Xerez have scored only three goals so far - a league-low.
Atletico v Espanyol
- Atletico are on a run of three consecutive wins against Espanyol in the league.
- This season Atletico have managed only one win in the league (at home against Real Zaragoza), and lost four of their last five fixtures.
- Espanyol are also winless in their last four games, and have won only once in their last seven.
- Espanyol have failed to score in four of the five games they have played away from home so far this term.
- Atletico Madrid have the worst defence in La Liga this season, with 24 goals conceded so far.
- Atletico are alongside Racing as the only teams yet to keep their first clean sheet in La Liga this season.
Racing v Deportivo
- Racing have managed only one win in their last eight meetings with Deportivo in the league.
- At home, Racing last won against Deportivo in 1995/96; since then they have endured six defeats and as many draws against the Galicians at El Sardinero.
- Racing are on a run of three consecutive defeats in the league, in which they have not scored a goal.
- Deportivo have picked up seven points from their last three games in La Liga, and have also won three of their last four games on the road keeping a clean sheet in each.
Barcelona v Real Madrid
- Next Sunday Real Madrid and Barcelona will meet for the 159th time in La Liga: the Merengues lead by 68 wins to 60, 30 draws complete the record.
- El Clasico has been played in Barcelona 79 times, and the hosts have had the better on 45 occasions.
- The biggest win in this fixture was for Real Madrid in February 1935, 8-2 at the Bernabeu.
- Barca have won just twice in their last eight home meetings with Real in the league.
- Real have won just twice in their last 26 visits to Barca in La Liga.
- Barcelona are the only side who are still unbeaten in this campaign (eight wins and three draws so far).
- Real Madrid have kept the most clean sheets so far (seven), and have not conceded in three of their five games on the road this term.
- Barca and Real boast the best attacks of La Liga so far, 29 goals scored by the Blaugrana, 27 by the Merengues.
- Barca and Real have the joint-best defences in the league, with only eight goals conceded so far.
Almeria v Athletic
- This will be the ninth time Almeria and Athletic have met in the top flight, Almeria lead by three wins to two.
- Athletic have scored exactly one goal in each of their last four meetings with Almeria in the league.
- Almeria are unbeaten at home against Athletic in La Liga (two wins and as many draws).
- Hugo Sánchez's side have lost three of their last four games in the league.
- The Basque side have collected seven points from their last three fixtures in La Liga.
- Athletic have managed to win two games in a row only once in their last 52 away games in the top flight.
Valencia v Mallorca
- Since 2002/03, these two sides have shared the points only once in 14 games, with Valencia winning 10 of these matches.
- At the Mestalla, Valencia have won six of their last seven games against Mallorca in La Liga, losing once.
- That was Mallorca's only win in 22 visits to Valencia's home ground in the top flight.
- Unai Emery's side are on a run of four consecutive wins in La Liga.
- At home, David Villa & co. are unbeaten in 11 games, their longest run since 2005/06.
- Valencia have failed to score at home only once in their last 28 league games.
Zaragoza v Osasuna
- In the last six league meetings between these two sides, both have two wins and two draws.
- These two sides have not shared the points in the last 10 occasions they have met in Zaragoza.
- García Toral's side have managed only one win in their last six matches in La Liga.
- However, at home they have managed seven points in their last three games, and have lost only once in their last eight.
- Osasuna are winless in their last four fixtures, in which time they have not scored more than one goal per game.
- Away from Pamplona, Osasuna have only picked up one point in their last three games.