Spanish La Liga Primera Opta Facts - 7th & 8th November
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Almeria v Osasuna
- These two sides have met six times in the top flight, Osasuna have won three and drawn one so far.
- At home, Almeria are unbeaten against Osasuna, in light of two wins and a draw.
- Almeria have lost three of their last four league games, and managed only two wins in their last 12 games between this and last season.
- Osasuna have drawn their last two games, against Racing and Barcelona, both by 1-1.
- The team from Pamplona have scored in all four of their away games this term (five goals in total).
Atletico v Real Madrid
- This will be the 145th Madrid derby between Atletico and Real: the Merengues have won 77, Atletico 35 and there have been 32 draws.
- Atletico’s last success against Real in the league was more than 10 years ago (October 1999, 3-1 at the Bernabeu); since then, nine wins to Real and six draws.
- Atletico have picked up only two points in the last eight derbies with Real played at the Vicente Calderon.In these eight games Atletico have scored only four goals, while Real have netted 18.
- Atletico have won just once in nine La Liga games this season.
- Atletico have conceded 19 goals – a league-high.
Barcelona v Mallorca
- Mallorca have beaten Barcelona in two of their last three league meetings, once at home and once at the Camp Nou.
- However, Barca have won 10 of their last 12 games against Mallorca in the league.
- These two sides have not shared the points since their goalless draw in February 2002 (14 games).
- The Blaugrana are unbeaten this season, and have won all of their games at home so far.
- Barca boast the best attack in La Liga so far, with 24 goals scored.
- Mallorca are yet to win their first away game this term (two defeats and as many draws so far).
Getafe v Deportivo
- Getafe have won just once in 10 league meetings against Deportivo so far – the team from La Coruña have won five and there have been four draws.
- Three of the last four meeting between these two sides in the top flight have ended in a draw.
- Getafe have alternated losses and wins in their last seven match-days in La Liga.
- Only Real Madrid (six) have kept more clean sheets than Deportivo (five) this season.
Racing v Athletic
- Racing have won only two of their last 11 meetings against Athletic – five wins to Bilbao and four draws complete the record.
- Racing have picked up seven points from their last three meetings at home with Athletic; before this the team from Bilbao had managed a run of four consecutive wins at Racing’s ground in the league.
- Before beating Atletico last Saturday, Athletic had picked up only one point in their previous five fixtures.
- Racing have won just once in their last 10 league fixtures.
- Athletic have failed to score in four of their last six away games in the league, and have picked up only four points in the process.
Real Valladolid v Xerez
- Real Valladolid have won just twice in the first nine match-days.
- Their win against Deportivo last time out ended a run of eight consecutive winless games at home for Valladolid in the league.
- Xerez have won one just one game in the Spanish top flight – two draws and six defeats complete the record.
- Xerez have failed to score in seven of their nine games so far this term, netting only three in total (a league-low).
- Away from home, Xerez are still goalless and have picked up only one point in four games.
Sevilla v Villarreal
- Sevilla have won their last three consecutive league games against Villarreal, without conceding a goal.
- At home, Sevilla have won seven times when they have hosted Villarreal, losing once, with no draws.
- Sevilla have conceded only two goals in their last seven matches.
- After drawing in the opening game of the season in Pamplona against Osasuna, Villarreal have lost the following three away games.
Sporting v Espanyol
- Espanyol have managed only two wins in their last 12 league meetings with Sporting, but one came in the last meeting played last season between these two sides at El Molinón.
- Sporting are unbeaten in their last four match-days, as result of two wins and as many draws.
- At home, Sporting have not lost in seven league games – four wins and two draws in the process.
- Espanyol are unbeaten in their last seven fixtures, but have been held to a draw in four of their last five.
- Espanyol have recouped six points from trailing situations this season – a league-high.
Tenerife v Malaga
- Tenerife have had six defeats and three wins (all at home) this term in the league, no draws.
- Tenerife have only managed to score more than one goal once this season, against Osasuna, and they have failed to score in five of the first nine fixtures.
- After beating Atletico Madrid on the opening day of the season, Malaga have failed to win in their following nine fixtures, picking up only one point.
- Malaga have managed only one point from their last seven away games between this and last season in the league.
Valencia v Real Zaragoza
- Valencia are unbeaten in their last 15 league meetings with Real Zaragoza – nine wins and six draws.
- Zaragoza’s last win against Valencia was in January 2000 (4-2 at home), but their last success at the Mestalla was back in 1992/93..
- Valencia have kept a clean sheet in five of their last seven home meetings with Zaragoza, conceding just four goals.
- Valencia have kept four consecutive clean sheets in the last four match-days of La Liga.
- Unai Emery’s side are unbeaten in their last 10 games at home in the league, but they have drawn in the last three at the Mestalla.
- Valencia have not conceded in four of their last six home fixtures in the league.