Spanish La Liga Opta Facts - 16-17 January
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Almeria v Tenerife
- Valencia have lost just once in their last 14
- These two teams have never met in the top flight.
- Almeria have won just once in their last seven league games, 1-0 against Xerez.
- The team from the Canary Islands have collected just one point in their last four games.
- Tenerife have won only one point on their eight away trips in the league this season.
- Tenerife have scored just four first half goals this term, no team has fared worse.
- Tenerife have conceded the most goals in the first 15 minutes after the break, 11.
Athletic Bilbao v Real Madrid
- Athletic have lost their last eight league encounters with Real Madrid.
- The Basque team have won just two of their last six league games played at the San Mames Stadium.
- Real Madrid have found the back of the net through the highest number of players, 14.
- Athletic have been awarded the most penalties, four, but only scored two.
- Real Madrid have scored the most goals through substitutes, nine.
- Real Madrid have failed to score in three of their last five league away fixtures.
- Real Madrid have scored the most goals in the opening 15 minutes, six.
Atletico Madrid v Sporting Gijon
- Atletico have won their last 11 top flight encounters with Sporting, scoring more than one goal in every game but one.
- Atletico have dropped the most points from leading positions this term, 12.
- The Colchoneros have scored just one headed goal so far, a league low.
- Last week's win against Getafe was Sporting's first in five league matches.
- Only once in their last 16 league games have Sporting won with more than a one goal difference, 4-1 against Mallorca.
- Atletico have lost just once in their last six league matches.
Barcelona v Sevilla
- Last season Barcelona scored seven goals against Sevilla in the league and conceded none.
- Barcelona are still unbeaten this season, 13 wins and four draws.
- Barcelona and Real Madrid boast the best attacks with 42 goals each scored so far.
- The Blaugrana boast the best defence in the league too, only 10 goals conceded so far.
- Sevilla have won just once in their last six league fixtures and have lost their last three, against Racing, Getafe and Atletico Madrid.
- Sevilla have scored just one goal per game in their last five La Liga matches.
- The team from Andalusia have not drawn away from home this season, they have won six and lost three so far.
Malaga v Getafe
- Malaga are unbeaten in their last eight league games but seven of those have been draws.
- Malaga's only clean sheet of the season at home came in their first game of the season, 3-0 against Atletico.
- There has only ever been one draw between these two sides in the top division.
- Getafe have kept just one clean sheet away from home so far this season, at Espanyol.
- Getafe have lost six and won three of their nine away fixtures this term.
- Malaga have only failed to score once in their last 12 league matches.
Mallorca v Deportivo
- Deportivo have kept 10 clean sheets so far this term, a league high shared with Real Madrid.
- Mallorca have won their last eight home league games conceding just three goals in the process.
- The team from the Balearic Islands have lost just once in their last 14 home fixtures.
- The last time Manzano's team failed to score at home was a year ago, 0-3 against Real Madrid in January 2009.
- Deportivo have lost just once in their last nine league fixtures.
- Deportivo have conceded only one goal in their last four away league games.
- Mallorca have won this fixture just once in the last eight in the league.
Osasuna v Espanyol
- Osasuna have not netted a goal in their last four league games, the last time they scored more than one was back in October.
- No more than two goals have been scored in the last six games involving Osasuna in the league.
- Osasuna have conceded just one headed goal so far this season.
- Only Xerez have scored fewer goals than Espanyol (12) and Osasuna (14).
- Osasuna have scored exactly one goal in 10 of the last 15 games that Espanyol have visited the Reyno de Navarra Stadium in the league.
- The team from Pamplona have collected just two points in their last four home league matches.
- Espanyol have mustered the same amount of points, two, in their last six away fixtures in La Liga without scoring a single goal.
Racing v Real Valladolid
- Racing have won four of their last five league games, they had won just once up until December.
- Real Valladolid have won just once in their last nine league fixtures.
- Away from home, Valladolid have lost nine of their last 14 and won only once.
- Valladolid have lost their last three league visits to El Sardinero.
- The clean sheet kept against Tenerife in their last home game, was Racing's first since March, when they beat Numancia 5-0.
Real Zaragoza v Xerez
- Real Zaragoza have shipped the most goals in the Spanish top flight this season, 37.
- Xerez have scored the fewest goals, seven.
- Zaragoza have collected just two points in their last eight league matches.
- Zaragoza have only scored more once in three of the 17 games they have played so far.
- Xerez have lost their last six league fixtures.
- Xerez have failed to score in 12 of the 17 games they have played in the league so far.
- Last season in the second division Zaragoza won this fixture twice, both times by 2-1.
Valencia v Villarreal
- Villarreal are unbeaten in five league matches but went out against Second Division side Celta in the Copa del Rey.
- home league games, against Real Madrid 2-3.
- Valencia have failed to score just once in their last 31 league games played at the Mestalla (0-0 v Barcelona).
- Villarreal have not lost in their last four league visits to Valencia, two wins and two draws, scoring 10 goals in the process.
- Villarreal have conceded the most penalties in La Liga so far this season, five.