SPL Opta Facts - 10-11 September
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Dundee United v Rangers
- Nikica Jelavic has scored in Rangers' last three SPL games against United.
- The Gers have scored at least twice in 14 of their last 15 league meetings with the Terrors.
- Only Celtic (23) have beaten the Gers more often than Dundee United in the SPL (7).
- However United are without a win in their last seven games at home to Rangers in the league, losing four of the last five.
- The Terrors have bagged just one goal in their last five SPL matches at home to the Gers.
- United have come from behind to draw in three of their six SPL matches this season.
- Rangers have scored the most headed goals in the SPL this season (three).
- United have shipped the most goals to shots from outside the area (five).
- United are the top-scoring side from set pieces in the SPL this season (five).
- However the Terrors have also conceded the most goals by this route (six).
Celtic v Motherwell
- Celtic have won six of their last seven league meetings with the Steelmen.
- Patrick McCourt has scored in Celtic's last two SPL games at home to Motherwell.
- Motherwell have scored just six goals in 23 visits to Celtic Park in the SPL, only Hamilton (0.2) and Gretna (0) have averaged fewer there.
- The Bhoys have conceded only one league goal in their last six at home to the Steelmen combined.
- Celtic are the top-scoring side in the opening 15 minutes of SPL matches this season (four).
- Motherwell are the top-scoring side from open play in SPL matches this season (seven goals).
- Defeat in their last match at home ended a run of 11 straight league wins for Celtic at Parkhead.
- Motherwell have kept four clean sheets in six league games this season.
Inverness CT v Hearts
- Caley Thistle are without a win in their last eight SPL clashes with Hearts, losing six.
- Inverness have won only one of their nine matches at home to the Jambos in the SPL.
- Inverness have scored fewer goals per game at home to Hearts (0.56) than any other SPL side.
- Four of Caley Thistle's six league goals this season have come in the final 15 minutes of games, making them top scorers in this period in the SPL.
- Inverness have conceded first in five of their six league games this season.
- Caley Thistle have conceded the most goals in the SPL this season (12).
- Inverness have won five of their last eight league games at home.
- The Jambos have kept a clean sheet in their last three league games.
- Hearts have won none of their last 10 league matches on the road since February.
Kilmarnock v Dunfermline
- Killie have never lost at home to Dunfermline in the SPL, winning eight and drawing six.
- This includes a run of six wins in their last six against the Pars at Rugby Park.
- Partick Thistle (four defeats) and Gretna (two draws) are the only other sides to have played at Kilmarnock in the SPL but never won.
- Kilmarnock have scored 13 goals in their last four matches at home to Dunfermline in the top flight.
- Killie are the top-scoring side from outside the box in the SPL this season (four goals).
- Kilmarnock have picked up just one win from their last 13 league games, and just one of their last eight at home.
- Both of Dunfermline's wins in the league this season have been on the road.
St Mirren v St Johnstone
- The last two SPL meetings between the sides have ended goalless.
- St Mirren have won only one of their 12 SPL clashes with St Johnstone.
- The Buddies only have a lower win % against Celtic (5.3%) and Rangers (5.6%) than they do against St Johnstone (8.3%) in the SPL.
- St Mirren have scored just one goal in their last five league matches at home combined.
- St Johnstone are unbeaten in their last five league away games.
- St Johnstone have kept a clean sheet in four consecutive SPL away matches, Hearts in March 2007 are the only non-Old Firm side to have not conceded a goal in five straight away matches in the competition.
Hibernian v Aberdeen
- Only Rangers and Celtic have beaten Hibs more often in the SPL than Aberdeen (20 times).
- Derek Riordan scored in both matches at home to Aberdeen in the league last season.
- Hibs have won just one of their last five games against the Dons in the SPL.
- Hibernian have only won two of their last 12 games at home to Aberdeen in the league.
- Aberdeen are the lowest scoring side in the top flight this season with just two goals.
- The Dons have failed to score in five of their six matches in the league so far this season.
- Hibs have lost eight of their last nine SPL matches.
- This includes defeats in each of their last four at home.
- Hibs are on a run of seven matches without a win at home in the SPL: only once before have they gone eight without a victory (February 2002).
- Away from home, Aberdeen have conceded 16 goals in their last eight SPL games, failing to keep a clean sheet in this run.
- Aberdeen have failed to score in five of their last six league games.