SPL Opta Facts - 11 September
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Hamilton v Rangers
- Rangers have won all six of their SPL meetings with Hamilton.
- However three of the Gers' last four league wins over the Accies have been by a one-goal margin.
- Full-back Steven Whittaker has scored six goals in his last six appearances against the Accies in all competitions.
- Kenny Miller has scored five of Rangers' seven goals this season, assisting one of the others.
- Rangers have failed to score in just one of their last 15 away league games.
- Defeat in their only home match of the season so far against Hearts ended a run of eight league games unbeaten at home for the Accies.
- Four of the eight goals Hamilton have conceded this season have come from the penalty spot.
Celtic v Hearts
- Both "Old Firm" sides have won their opening three games for the second time in two seasons. Only once before have they both won the first four.
- Hearts defeated Celtic twice last season: once in the league and once in the League Cup.
- Since 2004, Celtic have won just 54% of their league games against Hearts, a lower proportion than against any other side apart from Rangers (44%).
- This is the seventh time Hearts have gone unbeaten in their opening three SPL games, though the first since 2006/07.
- The Jambos have not won three straight away matches in the SPL since September 2005.
- Celtic are on a run of 11 straight league wins under Neil Lennon.
- Celtic have scored in each of their last 16 home SPL fixtures.
Dundee United v Aberdeen
- United have lost just one of their last seven games against Aberdeen.
- All nine goals in the last four matches between these sides have come in the first half.
- The Terrors have hit just one goal in their last five SPL games on home soil, losing the last four.
- This is Aberdeen's best-ever start to an SPL campaign, and the first time they have claimed two wins from their opening three games since 1998/99.
- The Dons have scored exactly once in their last four league games on the road.
Hibernian v Inverness Caledonian Thistle
- Caley Thistle won two of their three meetings with Hibernian in 2008/09, drawing the other.
- Inverness have won more games against Hibernian (eight of 15) than against any other side in their SPL history.
- Hibs have lost eight of their last 11 SPL games, and their last five at Easter Road.
- Inverness have lost four of their last five SPL matches by a score of 1-0.
- Derek Riordan has assisted four of Hibs' last eight SPL goals.
- Derek Riordan has had more shots than any other SPL player this season (12, including blocked) though is yet to find the back of the net.
Kilmarnock v St Mirren
- Killie have won just one of their last nine league meetings with St Mirren.
- The last 12 meetings between the sides in the SPL have produced just 15 goals.
- Killie have won only one of their last seven league games at home.
- The Buddies are without a win in their last 16 matches on the road in the SPL.
- Should St Mirren fail to win in this game, it will set a new team record for most consecutive away matches without a win in the SPL.
- St Mirren have mustered just seven shots in the SPL this season, no other side has had fewer than 18.
St Johnstone v Motherwell
- The side playing at home has won none of the last 10 clashes between these two teams, losing on eight occasions.
- Motherwell have found the back of the net at least twice in each of their last six trips to McDiarmid Park in all competitions.
- The Saints are without a win in their last five league games on home soil.
- Three of Motherwell's last four SPL wins have come on the road.
- 13 of the Steelmen's last 20 SPL goals have come following crosses.