SPL Opta Facts - 14th January
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
St Johnstone v Rangers
- Rangers have won 10 of their last 12 SPL games against the Saints (W10 D1 L1).
- St Johnstone have failed to score in their last four league meetings with the Gers.
- Rangers have never failed to score in 11 games at St Johnstone in the SPL.
- The Teddy Bears have only lost a higher proportion of SPL games at Celtic Park (56%) than they have at St Johnstone in the SPL (27%, 3/11).
- None of the last eight league games at McDiarmid Park have ended in a draw (four Saints' wins, four defeats).
- Rangers have lost three of their last four SPL games on the road.
- Prior to this run, the Gers had lost just three of their last 30 away from home in the league.
- St Johnstone have dropped just two points after taking the league in the SPL this season, the joint-fewest in the competition (with Hearts).
- Rangers have opened the scoring in the most SPL games this season (18).
Aberdeen v Kilmarnock
- Aberdeen have won only one of their last seven league meetings with Killie (W1 D1 L5).
- However the Dons have only lost two of their last 12 against Kilmarnock at Pittodrie (W6 D4 L2).
- Aberdeen have lost only one of their last six SPL games (W3 D2 L1).
- Kilmarnock have won just one of their last 14 league away matches (W1 D6 L7).
- Killie have only failed to score in one of their last nine league matches.
- 48% of Aberdeen's league goals this season have come from set pieces, the highest proportion in the SPL.
Celtic v Dundee United
- United have never won at Celtic Park in the SPL (W0 D6 L19).
- It is 19 years since United last won away at Celtic in the league in the 1992/93 season.
- Overall Celtic have won six of their last seven league meetings with the Terrors, drawing the other.
- Gary Hooper has scored six goals in six appearances against United in the SPL.
- Celtic are on a run of 10 consecutive SPL wins, their best run within a single season since 2008/09.
- The Bhoys have conceded just one goal in their last seven league matches combined.
- Celtic have only lost one of their last 25 league matches at home (W20 D4 L1).
- Both sides have scored in United's last five SPL games (W2 D2 L1).
- Dundee United are unbeaten in their last four league matches on the road (W1 D3).
- United have scored the fewest goals from outside the box in the SPL this season (2) while Celtic have scored the most (12).
- By contrast, Dundee United have conceded the joint-most goals from distance in this competition (10), while Celtic have conceded the fewest.
Dunfermline v Hibernian
- The Pars are unbeaten in their last three league meetings with Hibernian (W2 D1).
- Dunfermline have won only one of their last nine league games at home to Hibs (W1 D5 L3).
- Dunfermline have taken just one point from the last 21 available in the league.
- The Pars have failed to score in their last three SPL games.
- Hibs are without a win in nine league games, managing just three draws in this run.
- Hibernian have lost their last three in a row on the road in the league.
- Dunfermline have scored the highest proportion of their goals in the second half in the SPL this season (75%).
Hearts v St Mirren
- Hearts have lost just one of their last 13 SPL meetings with St Mirren (W8 D4 L1).
- The Jambos have won six of their last seven at home to the Buddies, drawing the other and winning the last four in a row.
- Despite playing just three games against them, Rudi Skacel has scored more goals against St Mirren than any other side in the SPL.
- The Jambos have won three of their last four in the league, drawing the other.
- Only Celtic and Rangers have picked up more points at home in the SPL this season than Hearts (21).
- St Mirren have only won one of their last eight league games on the road (W1 D3 L4).
- Both sides have scored in the Buddies' last six league games.
- Only Celtic have scored more first half goals in the SPL this season than St Mirren (17).
- The Buddies have scored the fewest second half goals in the SPL this season (5).
Motherwell v Inverness CT
- Motherwell have won their last two league games against Inverness, scoring three times in each win.
- Keith Lasley has scored a 77th-minute goal in the last two meetings between the sides in the SPL.
- The Steelmen have lost just one of their last 12 league clashes with Caley Thistle (W9 D2 L1).
- Inverness are without a win in their last seven league visits to Fir Park (D2 L5).
- Motherwell have lost their last two SPL games: they haven't lost three in a row since February last year.
- The Steelmen have won only one of their last seven SPL games at home.
- Caley Thistle are the only side yet to keep a clean sheet in the SPL this season.
- Inverness' away games have averaged 3.6 goals per game in the league this season.