SPL Opta Facts – 16 January
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Celtic v Falkirk
- Celtic have scored at least three goals in each of their last five meetings with Falkirk.
- Scott McDonald has scored a brace in both meetings with Bairns this season, in the 3-3 league draw at Falkirk and in the 4-0 League Cup win.
- Falkirk have not won at Celtic Park in the league since October 1994.
- Celtic are unbeaten at home in the league to non-Old Firm opposition since April 2008.
- St Johnstone are the only team to have scored more than once at Parkhead in a league game in Celtic's last 17 games there.
- Falkirk picked up their first away win of the SPL season in their last match on the road at Kilmarnock.
Dundee Utd v Hibernian
- Seven of the last 10 meetings between the sides have ended in a draw.
- During this period, Hibs have claimed only one win over the Terrors, with two going the other way.
- The Terrors have failed to score in three consecutive matches in the league at Tannadice.
- Hibs' last four league wins have all been by a score of 2-0.
- Anthony Stokes has scored every single one of Hibs' seven league goals since the start of December.
- The Hibees are unbeaten in six straight league matches away from home.
Hamilton v Rangers
- The last five meetings between the sides in all competitions have produced a total of 26 goals, including six in the 3-3 draw in the Scottish FA Cup meeting at New Douglas Park on Saturday.
- Steven Whittaker has opened the scoring on the last three occasions that Rangers have met Hamilton.
- The Accies have lost all four of their previous SPL meetings with the 'Gers.
- Rangers are unbeaten in seven league games, winning six and only drawing at Celtic.
- The 'Gers have scored 27 goals in seven league matches since the start of December.
Hearts v St Mirren
- St Mirren have scored on their last six trips to Tynecastle in the league.
- Eggert Jonsson has scored on his last three appearances against the Buddies.
- Hearts are unbeaten in five league matches, conceding only two goals in this period.
- Michael Stewart has scored in three of the Jambos' last four league games.
- St Mirren have lost their last four away matches in the league.
- The Buddies have not kept a clean sheet away from home in the league this season.
Kilmarnock v Motherwell
- Killie have won three of their last five matches against Motherwell, losing only once.
- The last three meetings between these sides at Rugby Park have produced only two goals in total.
- The Steelmen have failed to score in six of their last nine trips to Kilmarnock in the league.
- Killie have picked up all three points in only one of their last nine league games, scoring only four goals in this period.
- Motherwell have only managed one win in their last 11 in the SPL, losing the last five.
- The last time Motherwell lost five in a row in the SPL (December last year), they followed this up with a nine-match unbeaten run.
St Johnstone v Aberdeen
- Aberdeen have won their last four matches against St Johnstone in all competitions.
- The Saints have bagged just one goal in total over the last five occasions that they have hosted the Dons.
- St Johnstone have won back-to-back SPL matches for the first time since November 2000.
- Six of Aberdeen's seven league away wins over the last two seasons have come after they have kept a clean sheet.
- The Dons have scored just twice in their last five SPL matches.