SPL Opta Facts - 17 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Aberdeen v Hearts
- Just five goals have been scored in the last five clashes between Aberdeen and Hearts at Pittodrie.
- Marius Zaliukas was sent off in both of Hearts' trips to Pittodrie last season.
- After five straight league matches without conceding a goal, Aberdeen shipped one last time out against Kilmarnock.
- The Dons have lost just two of their last 17 matches at home in the SPL, both against Celtic.
- The Jam Tarts have conceded exactly twice in their last four away fixtures in the SPL.
- Csaba Lazslo's side have gone on to lose in three of the six matches in which they have taken the lead in the league this season.
Celtic v Motherwell
- The Hoops have won seven of their last eight encounters with Motherwell at Parkhead.
- Scott McDonald scored in all three league matches against Motherwell last season.
- Celtic are yet to keep a clean sheet at home in the SPL this season.
- The Bhoys' unbeaten record at Parkhead in the league stretches to 19 matches, the longest run in the league.
- Motherwell are unbeaten in five league away matches, winning three.
- The Steelmen have kept four clean sheets in their last five SPL fixtures.
Dundee United v Hamilton Academical
- Dundee United have lost just once in 19 clashes at home to the Accies in all competitions.
- The Terrors have scored in their last 15 matches (all competitions) against Hamilton.
- Dundee United have conceded in their last five SPL games.
- Danny Cadamarteri has scored three goals in three league outings at Tannadice this season.
- Hamilton have lost all three away games in the league this season, conceding nine goals.
- Dundee United are the only team against whom the Accies have ever scored more than twice in the SPL.
Falkirk v St Mirren
- St Mirren have won on four of their last five trips to Falkirk, all in the SPL.
- Andy Dorman has scored three goals in his last two games against the Bairns.
- Falkirk are the only side still looking for a win in this season's SPL.
- The Bairns have failed to score more than once in an SPL match in 11 attempts.
- Falkirk's last two home matches in the league have ended goalless.
- St Mirren have kept only one clean sheet in the league this season.
- Stephen McGinn has accounted for four of the Buddies' five goals on the road in the current campaign (three SPL, one League Cup).
Hibernian v Kilmarnock
- Kilmarnock won two of the three meetings at Hibs last season, drawing the other.
- Just one of the last 55 matches between Hibs and Killie has ended goalless.
- Danny Invincible, who scored Killie's last league goal against Aberdeen, bagged a brace at Easter Road last season.
- Hibernian have kept only one clean sheet in the league this season.
- The Hibees have conceded six of their seven goals in the SPL this season in the first half.
- Killie's last three games in the SPL have all ended in draws.
St Johnstone v Rangers
- Rangers' last five wins at St Johnstone have all been by a score of 2-0.
- St Johnstone have failed to find the net in their last four league matches against the Gers.
- St Johnstone managed their first league win of the season last time out, as well as their first clean sheet.
- The Saints have scored twice in five of their seven league games in this campaign (including away to Celtic).
- After failing to score in three straight league matches for the first time ever in the SPL, Rangers ended this drought after 303 minutes.
- This season in the league, if Rangers have scored, then they have conceded exactly once, if they have failed to score then they have kept a clean sheet.