SPL Opta Facts: 18-19 April
All the information you need to make an informed decision on your Scottish Premier League football betting this weekend.
Brought to you by Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading supplier of sports performance data, our Opta facts break down the wealth of statistics available into a manageable number of key facts.
Celtic v Aberdeen
- In the league, Celtic have won their last nine consecutive matches at home to Aberdeen.
- Jan Vennegor of Hesselink has now scored a goal in each of his last three consecutive games.
- This comes after a run of 16 games in all competitions without a goal - his last two goals came in Celtic's home game against the Dons earlier this season!
- The Dutchman has scored in his last three starts at home to Aberdeen in the league, netting five.
- The Bhoys have averaged five goals per game in their last three at home in the SPL, and have kept four clean sheets back-to-back at Celtic Park.
- The Dons last three away matches in the SPL have finished with the honours even.
Dundee Utd v Kilmarnock
- Killie have won both of their matches this season against United 2-0.
- United's loss at Tannadice in this fixture earlier this season ended a nine-match unbeaten run at home to Killie.
- The Terrors are without a win in four at home in the league, drawing three and losing one.
- Killie's recent win ended a 12-game winless run in the league, and was also the first time they had managed three goals in a single game in 2009.
- Jim Jeffries' side's last four league wins have all been by a two-goal margin.
- The East Ayrshire side have lost three of their last four on the road.
Falkirk v Hearts
- The Jambos have managed just one win in their last six games against the Bairns in all competitions.
- Falkirk have failed to score in five of their last six matches, netting four in the other against Inverness.
- John Hughes' side have conceded seven goals in their last two league games.
- In their last 11 league matches, if the Bairns have not conceded a goal by half-time, then they have gone on to keep a clean sheet (three times).
- Hearts have managed just one win in four in the league on the road.
- Bruno Aguiar has scored in his last two league games.
- The Jam Tarts have kept only one clean sheet in 10 in the SPL.
Inverness CT v Hamilton
- This season has seen the first two meetings between these two sides in the league - both of them won by Hamilton by a score of 1-0.
- The Accies are without a league goal in 554 minutes of play - the longest run of any SPL side this season.
- If the league had started when Terry Butcher took over, Caley Thistle would currently be occupying a Europa League spot.
- The Accies have lost five of their last six league matches.
- Inverness' last three wins have been by a one-goal margin.
- Hamilton have conceded exactly one goal in six of their last eight SPL fixtures, losing five of these 1-0.
Motherwell v St Mirren
- Motherwell have managed just one win in six in all competitions hosting the Buddies.
- The last three matches between the two in all competitions have seen just three goals in total.
- Motherwell are unbeaten in seven at home in the league.
- The Steelmen have scored exactly once in four of their last five SPL matches at Fir Park.
- The Buddies have not taken all three points in their last 12 games - the joint-longest such run this season.
- Six of Gus McPherson's side's last seven goals have been bagged by Andy Dorman.
Hibernian v Rangers
- Hibs have lost both meetings with the Gers so far this season, failing to score in each.
- The Hibees have defeated Rangers at least once in the league in a season in the past three campaigns.
- Kris Boyd has scored three goals in his last three league matches.
- However the hitman has struggled against Hibernian, managing just one goal in his last 10 league matches against Mixu Paatelainen's side.
- Hibernian are unbeaten in six league games, drawing the last three.
- Rangers have won their last three consecutive league matches.