SPL Opta Facts - 1st-3rd January
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Aberdeen v Dundee United
- Aberdeen are without a win in their last four matches at home to United.
- Jon Daly has scored three goals in his last two appearances against the Dons.
- All 13 goals in the last five matches between Aberdeen and the Terrors have come in the first half.
- After losing seven SPL games on the bounce, Aberdeen have now won their last two.
- However the Dons have lost five of their last six league games at Pittodrie.
- United have drawn their last three league matches.
- David Goodwillie has scored over half (nine of 17) of the Terrors' SPL goals this season.
Hamilton v Motherwell
- Just two goals have been scored in total in the last three meetings between the sides.
- The Steelmen have only lost once on their last five visits to Hamilton.
- The Accies have scored just one goal in their last six SPL games combined.
- Hamilton have taken just three points from SPL games when they have not kept a clean sheet in 2010/11.
- Motherwell have claimed just one point from the last 15 available in the league.
- The match at Celtic was the first time that Nick Blackman had failed to score in an away match for Motherwell this season.
Hearts v Hibernian
- Hearts have won their last three meetings with Hibs.
- Five of the last six Edinburgh derbies at Tynecastle have produced one goal or fewer.
- The Jambos have taken maximum points in seven of their last eight league matches.
- Kevin Kyle has scored in Hearts' last three SPL games: all from the penalty spot.
- Hibs have taken just two points from their last five SPL matches.
Rangers v Celtic
- Rangers have won six of their last seven SPL derbies at home to Celtic.
- In these seven games, the Bhoys have scored just two goals in total.
- Kenny Miller has scored eight goals in Old Firm SPL derbies, only Henrik Larsson (11) has more.
- Rangers have dropped seven points in their last seven league matches, having won their first nine.
- Celtic have won six of their seven league matches away from home this season, shipping just four goals.
- Rangers have kept only three clean sheets in the SPL this season, Celtic have nine.
- This is Celtic's first away match in the SPL since the 1-0 win at St Mirren on 14th November.
St Johnstone v Inverness CT
- Caley Thistle have won four of their last six meetings with St Johnstone in all competitions.
- St Johstone have lost their last three SPL matches at home.
- The Saints have also failed to score in each of these.
- Caley Thistle are without a win in five league games.
- However they remain unbeaten on the road in the SPL this season.
St Mirren v Kilmarnock
- St Mirren are unbeaten in their last six matches at home to Kilmarnock.
- Killie have scored just once in total on their last six visits to St Mirren in the SPL.
- St Mirren are without a win in their last five SPL games at home.
- Killie are unbeaten in four SPL matches, winning three.
- Overall Kilmarnock have lost just one of their last nine SPL matches, rising from 10th to 4th in the table.