SPL Opta Facts - 1st - 3rd May
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
SPL Opta Facts
1st - 3rd May 2012
Hearts v Motherwell
- Hearts have only won one of their last five SPL meetings with Motherwell.
- The Steelmen are without a win on their last three league visits to Tynecastle (D2 L1).
- Motherwell have kept five clean sheets in their last eight league meetings with the Jambos.
- Hearts are without a win in two league games since the "split" (D1 L1).
- A win in their last match vs St Johnstone ended a run of four without a victory for Motherwell.
- None of the last 18 league games at Tynecastle have ended in a draw (10 home wins, eight away wins).
- After winning seven of their first nine, Motherwell have won just one of their last eight league games on the road (D3 L4).
Aberdeen v Hibernian
- There has been just one goal scored overall in the three league meetings between Aberdeen and Hibernian this season.
- The Dons have only lost one of their last eight league meetings with Hibs (W4 D3).
- Hibernian have lost on eight of their last 12 SPL trips to Pittodrie (W3 D1).
- Aberdeen have won three of their last nine SPL games at home (D5 L1).
- The Dons have only conceded three goals in total in their last eight league games on home soil.
- Aberdeen have failed to score in six of their last 10 league matches.
- Hibs have failed to score in five of their last seven league games.
Inverness CT v Dunfermline Athletic
- All three meetings between Inverness and Dunfermline in the league this season have ended in draws.
- The Pars have only managed one SPL win over Inverness (D7 L7).
- Caley Thistle have picked up only one win from their last 12 league games.
- Inverness have only taken one point from the last 15 available in the league.
- Inverness are without a win in six at home in the league (D2).
- A win in their last match ended a run of 12 without a victory for Dunfermline in the league.
- Dunfermline's five league wins this season have all come in the six games when they have kept a clean sheet.
- The Pars have scored seven goals in their last two league games, as many as they had scored in 11 before this.
Kilmarnock v St Mirren
- Killie have won four of their last six league meetings with St Mirren.
- Kilmarnock have won their last three SPL matches at home to the Buddies.
- Kilmarnock have won their last two league games, they have not won three in a row since November 2010.
- Only Rangers and Celtic have scored more SPL goals at home this season than Killie (28), while only Dunfermline have conceded more (32).
- Kilmarnock have shipped at least three goals in three of their last four league games.
- St Mirren are without a win in 10 on the road in the SPL (D6).
Rangers v Dundee United
- United were the last side to score three goals at Ibrox in the league (3-2 in April 2011).
- The Terrors have beaten Rangers more often than any other side in the SPL aside from Celtic (eight times, Hearts seven).
- The Gers have bagged a total of 38 goals in their last 12 league games at home to United, losing just one of these.
- Rangers have only won three of their last six at home in the league (D1 L2).
- The Gers have lost seven league games this season, their most since 2000/01 (8).
- Last time out Rangers suffered their biggest league defeat since February 2011 (0-3).
- Dundee United have only lost one of their last 12 league games (W8 D3).
- The Terrors have kept a clean sheet in three of their last four on the road in the SPL.
Celtic v St Johnstone
- St Johnstone were the last side to win at Celtic in the SPL (1-0 in August).
- Celtic have won 14 of their last 15 league meetings with the Saints (L1).
- The Bhoys have won all 10 SPL games when they have scored against St Johnstone.
- Celtic have won 21 of their last 23 league games (D1 L1).
- The Bhoys have kept a clean sheet in 16 of their last 20 SPL games.
- One more clean sheet and Celtic will set a new record for most shut-outs in a full SPL season (24).
- St Johnstone have kept the most clean sheets in the SPL this season after Celtic (15).
- Celtic are on a run of 11 straight wins at home in the league, conceding just three goals in this run.
- Neil Lennon's side have gone 28 games without conceding more than once in a league match at Parkhead.
- St Johnstone have taken just one point from their last four league games.
- Only the Old Firm sides have picked up more points on the road in the SPL this season than St Johnstone (30).