SPL Opta Facts – 2-3 January
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Dundee Utd v Aberdeen
- The Terrors are unbeaten in seven SPL clashes with Aberdeen at Tannadice.
- United have only once failed to score in 19 SPL clashes at home to the Dons.
- Six of Dundee United's last seven goals against Aberdeen have come in the first half.
- The Terrors have failed to score in back-to-back home league matches for the first time since May 2007, the last time they went goalless in three was in November 2000.
- In 2009, United only won one match at home whilst keeping a clean sheet in the league.
- Aberdeen are on a run of four consecutive defeats in the SPL, conceding seven and scoring just once in the process.
- 17 of the 18 goals that the Dons have conceded in the SPL this season have come from open play.
Falkirk v St Johnstone
- St Johnstone have scored three in their last two meetings (all competitions) with Falkirk; prior to this the Bairns had bagged three in each of their previous three clashes with the Saints.
- Defeat in their meeting at McDiarmid Park earlier this season ended a run of four straight wins in this fixture in the league for Falkirk.
- Falkirk have picked up only one home win in eight matches in the SPL this season.
- St Johnstone have kept only one clean sheet on the road in the SPL in 2009/10.
- 71% of Falkirk's league goals this season have come in the second half, a higher proportion than any other side.
Motherwell v Hamilton
- Motherwell are unbeaten in nine league matches at home to the Accies.
- Hamilton have failed to score on their last three trips to Fir Park in the league.
- Motherwell are without a win in four outings on home turf in the SPL.
- Hamilton have won two of their last three league matches, only suffering defeat at Celtic Park.
- Mickael Antoine-Curier has scored first in three of the Accies last six away matches, with Hamilton unbeaten in games where he has opened the scoring.
St Mirren v Kilmarnock
- The last three meetings between St Mirren and Kilmarnock in all competitions have ended 2-1; the last two in the Buddies' favour.
- St Mirren have picked up just one win in the eight matches in which they have hosted Kilmarnock in the league, a fixture which has produced just 11 goals in total.
- Stephen McGinn has already bagged three goals against Killie this season, two in the league and one in the League Cup.
- Kevin Kyle has scored four goals in four competitive appearances against St Mirren.
- St Mirren are without a win in eight league matches.
- The Buddies have not kept a clean sheet in the SPL since August.
- Killie have picked up only one win from their last eight league clashes.
Celtic v Rangers
- Since 2000, only one SPL Old Firm derby has been won by the side conceding first, Rangers at Ibrox in December 2002.
- Celtic have won just three of the last 12 SPL clashes with the Gers, losing seven.
- The Bhoys have failed to score in six of their last 11 SPL Old Firm derbies.
- Kenny Miller has scored four of Rangers' last seven goals against Celtic.
- Celtic have only failed to find the net in one of their last 17 league matches.
- The Bhoys are on a run of four consecutive league wins at Celtic Park.
- Rangers have won their last three away matches in the SPL, scoring 10 goals and conceding only two in the process.
- Kenny Miller has scored in each of Rangers' last three league away games, bagging a brace in the last two.
Hibernian v Hearts
- The last 10 SPL Edinburgh derbies between Hibs and Hearts have produced a total of just 11 goals.
- Hearts have only managed one win in their last eight league meetings with Hibernian.
- The Jambos have failed to score in their last four SPL clashes with Hibs.
- Defeat in their last match at Easter Road ended a run of 12 league matches unbeaten for Hibernian.
- Anthony Stokes has scored in each of Hibernian's last four league games, scoring five of his team's six goals in this period.
- Hearts have won two of their last three SPL matches on the road.
- 71% of the league goals Hibs have conceded this season have come in the first half, more than any other side.