SPL Opta Facts: 2-3 May
Football facts to aid your betting from all the major leagues in Europe.
Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading supplier of sports performance data, bring you Opta Facts, the key statistics you'll need to make an informed choice with your football betting.
SPL Opta Facts 2-3 May 2009
Saturday, 2 May 2009
Aberdeen v Celtic
- After four consecutive losses at home to the Bhoys in the league, Aberdeen won their last meeting at Pittodrie 4-2.
- This match was also Celtic’s last defeat in the league – 11 games ago back in January.
- With this result, Aberdeen became only the second side (after Rangers earlier this season) to score four goals against the Bhoys in the league since Motherwell in July 2005.
- Gordon Strachan’s side have conceded just once in four SPL fixtures.
- Since their loss at Pittodrie, Celtic have drawn four of their five away matches in the league, winning the other.
- Jimmy Calderwood’s men have scored just four goals in their last seven league matches – not one of these has seen more than two goals in total.
- However the Dons are unbeaten in 11 league games at home – a record beaten only by Celtic (14 games) this season.
View all SPL betting
Falkirk v Motherwell
- John Hughes’ side are unbeaten in three at home to Motherwell, winning two and drawing one.
- The last nine games between the two sides at Falkirk have produced just 10 goals in total.
- The Bairns have failed to score in six of their last seven league games.
- Falkirk have managed just one win in nine SPL fixtures and have lost three of their last four.
- After a run of just one loss in 13 league games, the Steelmen have lost their last two.
- Away from home, Motherwell have lost two of their last three, drawing the other 0-0.
- Motherwell have relied on strikers for their goals more than any other SPL side this season – 75% of their goals this term have come from their front men.
View all SPL betting
Hamilton v Kilmarnock
- The three matches between the two teams this season have all ended 1-0 – the first going Killie’s way and the last two being won by the Accies (Richard Offiong finding the net on both occasions).
- Hamilton have failed to score in four consecutive home matches in the SPL – the last side to go goalless on their own turf in the competition for five matches was St Johnstone back in the 2001/02 season.
- Jim Jeffries’ men have picked up as many points in their last two matches (four) as they did in their previous 11.
- The East Ayrshire side have picked up a point in the last three matches in which they have failed to score, but have lost four of the last five matches in which they have found the back of the net.
- Killie are the only side in the bottom half of the SPL to have taken more points against “top six” sides (18) than against the teams they will face in the remainder of the season (16).
- The Accies are in the worst form in the league, taking just two points from their last six.
View all SPL betting
Hibernian v Dundee Utd
- The Terrors have not won at Easter Road since 2002, despite 10 trips to the north of Edinburgh since then.
- Hibs have scored at least twice on the last eight occasions on which they have hosted United.
- Steven Fletcher, who scored a brace against Craig Levein’s side the last time he faced them at Easter Road, has scored in four of his last six outings in the league.
- Hibs are without a win in four SPL fixtures, drawing three and losing last time out.
- Mixu Paatelainen’s men have picked up just one win in five league games on their own turf.
- Dundee United are unbeaten in four league matches, drawing three and winning the other.
St Mirren v Inverness CT
- Gus MacPherson’s side are unbeaten in three at home to Caley Thistle, winning twice.
- After going 12 matches without a win in the SPL, the Buddies won in their last match at Motherwell.
- The Saints are the only side not to have scored more than twice in any league game this season in the SPL – Inverness have done this only once.
- Caley Thistle have picked up just four points in their last nine away ties in the SPL.
- St Mirren are without a win in six at home in the league (drawing five) – only today’s opponents Caley Thistle (eight games) have been longer without a win on their own turf over the course of the current campaign.
- Terry Butcher’s men have the worst defensive record in the competition this season, conceding more goals than any other side (52), and keeping fewer clean sheets (just four).
- Hearts have already taken four points against Rangers this season – the last time they managed to take more than this in a single campaign was back in 1995/96.
- The Jambos have lost just once in nine league matches, though they have won just one of their last five.
- Hearts have not lost at home in the league since hosting Celtic back in November – a run that includes a 2-1 win over Rangers.
- The Gers have won their last four consecutive SPL matches – no other side is currently on a streak of even two back-to-back wins in the competition.
- No side has scored more first half goals in the SPL this season than Rangers – 32, whereas Hearts have conceded a greater proportion of their goals in this period than any other side.