SPL Opta Facts - 22-23 September
Celtic v Dundee
- Celtic have only ever lost one of their 25 SPL clashes with Dundee, winning 20 and drawing four.
- The Glasgow giants have netted two or more goals in each of their last five games against Dundee.
- At Parkhead, the Bhoys have won six in a row against the Dark Blues, netting a total of 20 goals and conceding just five in the process.
- Neil Lennon's side have conceded just two goals in their last nine home league games combined, though both of those came in a 2-2 draw against Hibernian last time out.
- No side has netted fewer goals than Dundee this season (2).
- Dundee's last three away games (in all competitions) have seen a total of three players sent off, two for Dundee and one for the opposition.
Dundee Utd v Hearts
- Dundee United are unbeaten in their last six SPL clashes with Hearts, winning five and drawing one.
- The Jambos have failed to score in three of their last four SPL meetings with the Terrors.
- On home soil, United have suffered just one defeat in their last nine games against Hearts.
- Dundee's last two games have ended in 0-0 draws, with the Terrors keeping clean sheets in six of their last seven games.
- Hearts have failed to score in each of their last three games, losing two and drawing one of those matches.
- Hearts have been awarded a joint-high three penalties so far this season, scoring two of those spot-kicks.
Hibernian v Inverness CT
- Hibs have won just three of their last 11 SPL clashes with Inverness, although those three victories have come in the last six meetings.
- At Easter Road, the Hibees have lost just one of their last seven meetings with Caley Thistle.
- Away to Hibs, Caley Thistle have netted a total of just four goals on their last seven visits.
- Caley Thistle are without a win in six SPL games, losing two and drawing four.
- Leigh Griffiths has bagged five goals in his last five SPL games for the Hibees.
- Inverness have already picked up four red cards this season, a league-high.
Kilmarnock v St Mirren
- Kilmarnock have registered just one win in their last four games against St Mirren, losing the other three.
- Killie have scored either two goals or no goals at all in their last eight meetings with St Mirren (two goals five times and no goals three times).
- At Rugby Park, Killie have suffered just one defeat in their last five clashes with the Buddies, although that loss did come last time out, 2-0 back in May.
- Killie have enjoyed just one win in their last six SPL fixtures, losing two and drawing three.
- None of St Mirren's eight SPL goals this season have come in the first 30 minutes of their games.
Ross County v St Johnstone
- The two sides have never met before in the SPL.
- Ross County have only enjoyed one win in their last 13 clashes with St Johnstone (in all competitions).
- The Saints have won just one of their last 13 games, losing nine and drawing three.
- Ross County have drawn five of their six games this season (winning the other), netting a total of just two goals in the process and shipping just one.
- On the road, St Johnstone are without a win in seven SPL games, losing six, drawing one and netting a total of just two goals.
- Ross County are now 40 league games unbeaten, with their last defeat coming all the way back in on August 13th 2011 against Hamilton Academical (1-5) in Division One.
Aberdeen v Motherwell
- Aberdeen have lost each of their last five SPL games against Motherwell and are without a win in the last 10, losing six and drawing four.
- The Dons have failed to score more than one goal in each of their last 10 games against the Steelmen.
- At Pittodrie, the home side have lost each of their last three games against Motherwell, netting a total of two goals and shipping seven.
- Despite netting only four goals in their last eight games, Aberdeen have lost just one of those games, winning one and drawing six.
- Motherwell have suffered just one defeat in their last six SPL fixtures, although that loss did come last time out, away to Dundee, 2-1.
- Michael Higdon tops the SPL goal-charts so far, netting six goals, with all six coming in the last three games.