SPL Opta Facts - 23 July
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Rangers v Hearts
- Hearts have won only one of their last 10 meetings with Rangers in all competitions.
- Kyle Lafferty has scored in four of his last five appearances for Rangers against the Jambos.
- Rangers have won 13 of a possible 15 points in their last five SPL games at home against Hearts.
- Hearts have not defeated Rangers at Ibrox since May 2004 (0-1).
- The Gers have won 28 of a possible 30 points from their last 10 SPL matches.
- Hearts have lost three SPL games in a row - the last time that they lost four in a row was back in January 2008.
- The Jambos have won only one of their last 12 SPL matches.
- Rangers have won their last six SPL matches on the opening weekend of the season.
Rangers' only opening day defeat in the SPL (in its current format) was against Hearts in 1998.
Aberdeen v St Johnstone
- Aberdeen have failed to find the net in their last 274 minutes of football against St Johnstone.
- The side playing at home failed to score a goal in any of the four meetings between Aberdeen and St Johnstone last season.
- St Johnstone have won on their last three trips to Pittodrie to face Aberdeen.
- Aberdeen lost 11 home games in the SPL last season; more than any other side.
- St Johnstone have scored only 11 SPL goals in 2011 so far, fewer than any other side (excl. promoted side Dunfermline).
- Aberdeen have scored only one goal in their last six home games in the SPL.
- Should St Johnstone keep a clean sheet in this match, it will be the first time that the club have kept four clean sheets in a row in the SPL.
- Aberdeen have won just one of their last eight SPL games on the opening weekend.
- St Johnstone have never won a game on the opening weekend of SPL action; drawing two and losing four.
Motherwell v Inverness CT
- Motherwell have failed to find the net in three of their last four games against Caley Thistle.
- Motherwell have won seven of their last 10 SPL games against Inverness CT, losing just once and drawing the other two games in the process.
- Inverness CT have not won an SPL away game at Motherwell since September 2006, a run of six trips without success.
- Motherwell have conceded 17 goals in their last five matches in the SPL; more than three per game on average.
- The Steelmen have not won an SPL game in six attempts.
- Inverness have won four SPL games in a row and will be looking to win five in a row for the first time since December 2007.
- Motherwell have won only one of their last 12 SPL matches on the opening weekend.
- The Steelmen have lost four of the last five SPL matches when they have played at home on the opening weekend, drawing the other and conceding 14 goals in the process.
Hibernian v Celtic
- Celtic have won five successive meetings with Hibernian.
Gary Hooper and Anthony Stokes have scored three goals apiece in Celtic's last two meetings against Hibs.
- At home, Hibs have lost their last three and failed to score in their last four games against the Hoops.
- Celtic kept the most clean sheets in the SPL last season (23) and kept seven in their last nine league matches in 2010/11.
- Gary Hooper scored with 47% of his shots (excl. blocked) in the SPL last season; a better rate than any other player to have scored at least three goals.
- Hibernian have lost four Scottish Premier League matches in a row.
- Celtic have never lost a game on the opening weekend of the SPL, winning 10 and drawing three.
Dundee United v Kilmarnock
- Four of the last six SPL meetings between these two teams have ended in a draw.
The last five games between Dundee United and Kilmarnock have seen 21 goals.
Dundee United have won just one of their last five home matches against Kilmarnock.
- United's last nine SPL matches have alternated between wins and defeats. Should this match continue this streak, they would lose this game.
- David Goodwillie scored three goals in four games against Killie last season.
- The Terrors have won eight of their last nine SPL matches at Tannadice.
- Killie won just two points from their last six SPL games in 2010/11, conceding an average of three goals per game in this run.
- Kilmarnock have kept a clean sheet in three of their last four games on the opening weekend of SPL action.
Dunfermline v St Mirren
- St Mirren have failed to find the net in their last four games against Dunfermline.
The last three SPL games between these two clubs have seen only one goal scored in total.
Only one of the last six league games between St Mirren and Dunfermline have seen the home side win.
- St Mirren won just 15 points away from home in the SPL last season; a league-low alongside relegated Hamilton.
- Alongside Hibernian, St Mirren kept the fewest clean sheets in the SPL in 2010/11 (6).
- Dunfermline won the most games (20), scored the most goals (66) and conceded the fewest (31) in Scottish Division One last season.
- St Mirren have won just four of their last 34 away games in the SPL.
- The Buddies have won only one of their previous six SPL games on the opening weekend, losing four.
- Only once has the newly-promoted SPL side been relegated at the end of their first season in the competition (St Mirren, 2000/01).
- Only two newly-promoted teams have won their opening game in the SPL (St Mirren in 2006 and Livingston in 2001).