SPL Opta Facts - 24-25 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Aberdeen v Dundee United
- Dundee United went unbeaten against Aberdeen last season, winning twice and drawing twice.
- Aberdeen have scored at least twice on six of the last seven occasions that they have hosted the Terrors.
- Fran Sandaza has scored in his last three appearances against the Dons.
- Aberdeen have drawn five of their last six league matches.
- The Dons have conceded only two goals in their last seven SPL outings.
- United have picked up only one win from their last six away matches in the SPL.
Hearts v Falkirk
- Hearts have managed just one win in their last seven meetings with Falkirk in all competitions, losing four times.
- However, at Tynecastle alone, the Jambos are unbeaten against the Bairns in the SPL, winning four times and drawing twice.
- Falkirk have opened the scoring in four of their last five matches with Hearts - the other game was a draw.
- Hearts have suffered only two reversals in their last 16 league matches at Tynecastle.
- The Bairns have only once managed more than one goal in their last 17 matches in the league.
- The last three teams to have three points or fewer after eight games in the SPL have all gone on to be relegated.
Kilmarnock v St Johnstone
- Kilmarnock have won only two of their seven SPL matches at home to St Johnstone, losing three.
- The Saints have never failed to score at Rugby Park since the creation of the SPL.
- Killie have been defeated in only one of their last nine league games at Rugby Park.
- Jim Jeffries' men have found the net in only one of their last five league outings.
- The Saints have kept a clean sheet only once in the league this season.
- By the same token, St Johnstone have only failed to score once in the league this season.
Rangers v Hibernian
- Hibernian have managed just one win in 15 SPL clashes against the two "Old Firm" sides.
- In 17 trips to Ibrox in the SPL, Hibs have only once stopped Rangers from scoring twice, winning both times. Of the remainder, they have lost 13 and drawn two.
- The Gers have averaged only one goal per game in their last four meetings with Hibernian at home in all competitions.
- Rangers have won seven of their last eight league matches at Ibrox.
- The Teddy Bears have only suffered one reversal in the league in 2009 - at home to Inverness.
- Hibs have only failed to score once in their last eight league away matches.
St Mirren v Motherwell
- St Mirren have managed only one win in five attempts at home to Motherwell in the SPL.
- The Saints have failed to score in five of their eight meetings at home to Motherwell in the SPL.
- St Mirren have won back-to-back matches in the league for the first time in 2009.
- Last time out at home, Gus MacPherson's men won their first-ever league match at their new stadium - also their first home win in the SPL in 2009.
- The Steelmen have kept a clean sheet in five of their last six league clashes.
- 'Well are unbeaten on the road in the league in six matches, winning three.
Hamilton v Celtic
- The Accies have lost five straight matches against Celtic, and 24 of the last 25 (all competitions).
- Hamilton have lost all 10 of their meetings (all competitions) with "Old Firm" sides since the creation of the SPL.
- Georgios Samaras has scored three goals in his last three meetings with Hamilton.
- The Accies have failed to score in five of their last six league matches at home.
- The Bhoys failed to score in their last league match - the first time they haven't found the net over 90 minutes this season.
- On the last two occasions that Celtic have failed to score in the league, they have failed to score in their next match as well.