SPL Opta Facts - 24 December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Celtic v Kilmarnock
- Celtic have lost only one of their last 35 SPL meetings with Kilmarnock in the SPL.
- In 21 visits to Celtic Park in the SPL, Killie have only avoided defeat on three occasions (all draws).
- Kilmarnock have scored just three goals in total in their last nine league matches at Celtic.
- Kris Commons has bagged three goals in the Bhoys' last three league games against Kilmarnock.
- Celtic are on a run of seven straight league wins, their best run since October 2010.
- The Bhoys have conceded only two goals in their last eight league games.
- Kilmarnock have lost just one of their last eight league matches, drawing with Celtic and beating Rangers in this run (W3 D4 L1).
- Killie's last three SPL away games have seen just three goals scored in total.
- Celtic have scored the most goals from open play in the SPL this season (29, six more than Rangers).
Dundee United v Hibernian
- United have lost only one of their last 11 league meetings with Hibernian (six wins).
- Since the start of 2007, Hibernian have only won on one of their 10 SPL visits to Tannadice.
- Jon Daly has only scored more goals against Motherwell (7) than he has against Hibernian (4) in the SPL.
- The last three league games at Tannadice have seen only two goals scored in total.
- Only Hibernian (1) and Dunfermline (0) have won fewer games at home in the SPL this season than United (2).
- Hibs are without a win in five in the SPL, drawing two.
- Hibernian have scored the fewest headed goals in the league this season (1).
Dunfermline v St Johnstone
- Dunfermline have never lost to St Johnstone in the SPL (W6 D6).
- The Saints have scored only one goal in their last seven SPL games against Dunfermline.
- The Pars have won their last four league meetings with the Saints.
- Dunfermline are yet to win at home in the league this season, and have conceded 22 goals in their last seven at East End Park.
- Only three sides have ever gone more games than Dunfermline (8) before their first SPL home win of a campaign.
- The Saints have lost their last three league games.
- St Johnstone have lost only one of their last 12 SPL games on the road (W6 D5 L1).
- The Saints have kept eight clean sheets in their last 11 league away games.
Hearts v Motherwell
- The Jambos have won only one of their last seven league meetings with Motherwell (W1 D2 L4).
- The Steelmen are unbeaten in their last four league visits to Tynecastle (D2 L2), keeping three clean sheets.
- There have been three red cards in the last four league clashes between Hearts and Motherwell combined.
- John Sutton has scored five goals in the last seven league meetings between the sides, all of them for Hearts.
- Hearts have won only two of their last eight in the league (W2 D1 L5).
- Only the Old Firm sides have picked up more points at home in the SPL this season than Hearts (18).
- Only Rangers (24) have picked up more points on the road in the SPL this season than Motherwell (22).
- Motherwell are on their longest-ever run of consecutive away wins in the SPL (five): only twice before has a non-Old Firm side equalled this (Hearts, 7 to Jan 2011 and Hibernian, 6 to November 2005).
- Hearts have scored the most goals from corners in the SPL this season (five).
Inverness CT v Aberdeen
- Aberdeen have won all three league meetings with Caley Thistle in 2011: they have won only five other games in this calendar year.
- None of the last 11 top-flight meetings between the Dons and Inverness have ended in a draw (eight wins for Aberdeen, three for Inverness).
- Aberdeen have lost on only one of their 10 league visits to Inverness (W7 D2 L1).
- Inverness have lost four of their last five in the league (one win).
- All but one of Caley Thistle's league games this season has seen at least two goals (0-1 vs Hibernian in July).
- Aberdeen have won back-to-back league matches: the last time they won three in a row within a season was in December 2008.
- Only Rangers (11) have scored more goals from crosses in the SPL this season than Aberdeen (10).
- The Dons have scored the fewest goals from open play in the league this season (11), but the most from throws (five).
St Mirren v Rangers
- Rangers have won 16 of their 19 SPL games against the Saints (W16 D2 L1).
- In 19 SPL games, the Buddies have only once managed to score more than one goal against the Gers (2-3 in October 2006).
- Rangers have not had a single player booked in any of their last three league meetings with St Mirren.
- Rangers have won nine of their 10 SPL matches at St Mirren (one 0-1 defeat in October 2008).
- The Saints are without a win in their last four in the SPL (two draws, two defeats).
- Rangers have won 15 of their last 16 SPL away games (one defeat at Kilmarnock).
- During this 16-game away run, the Gers have conceded only three goals in total.
- Rangers have scored the most goals from set pieces in the SPL this season (13).
- Five of the 16 goals scored from penalties in the league this season have been bagged by Rangers.