SPL Opta Facts - 26 December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Celtic v St Johnstone
- Celtic have won seven of their eight SPL matches on Boxing Day, drawing the other.
- All five of St Johnstone's SPL matches on boxing day have been away from home, though they have won the last two.
- The Bhoys have scored at least three times in each of their last five meetings with the Saints in all competitions, including twice already this season.
- All three of Niall McGinn's goals in all competitions this season have come against St Johnstone.
- Celtic have drawn their last three league matches (all at home).
- St Johnstone have taken no points from the last nine available at home, but seven from nine on the road.
Dundee United v Hamilton
- The Terrors have never won on boxing day in the SPL, losing six and drawing two of their games.
- Four of the last five meetings between the Accies and United have ended in an away win, with the other a draw.
- The Terrors have never scored more than once against Hamilton in the SPL.
- It is over a month since Dundee United played a match in the SPL (20th November vs Celtic).
- United have scored exactly once in their last seven league games.
- The Accies have hit only one goals in their last five league games combined.
Hibernian v Aberdeen
- Hibs have never won on boxing day in the SPL, losing four games and drawing two.
- Hibernian have scored exactly twice in their last four league meetings with the Dons, though are without a win in their last two.
- Aberdeen have won on none of their last eight trips to Easter Road in the league, though two have been draws.
- Four of Hibs' last five league goals have been netted by Derek Riordan.
- Aberdeen have lost 10 of their last 11 league games - though the 4-2 win at home to Hibs is the only exception.
- The Dons have netted just one goal in total in their last six league matches.
Inverness CT v St Mirren
- St Mirren have won their last two SPL games on boxing day by a score of 1-0.
- Caley Thistle have won their last three SPL clashes with St Mirren, each by a score of 2-1.
- Inverness are unbeaten in six league games.
- Caley Thistle have taken only eight points from their eight home games this season (19 from nine on the road).
- No side has picked up fewer points on the road this season than St Mirren (four).
Kilmarnock v Hearts
- Killie have won five of their eight SPL matches on boxing day, losing just one.
- The 3-0 win for Killie earlier this season ended a run of five consecutive defeats against the Jambos.
- Kilmarnock have scored only one goal in total in their last three matches at home to Hearts.
- No side has picked up more points than either Hearts (19) or Kilmarnock (17) from their last eight SPL games.
- The Jambos have won their last five away games in the SPL for the first time in their history.
- Hearts' only defeat in their last 10 league games was the 3-0 reversal at home to Kilmarnock.
- Conor Sammon has netted nine goals in his last eight SPL appearances with Killie.
Motherwell v Rangers
- The Steelmen have never drawn an SPL game on boxing day, winning four and losing four.
- Rangers have won four of their six matches in the SPL on boxing day, though their only defeat on this day came at Fir Park in 2002.
- Motherwell are without a win in their last 27 league meetings with Rangers.
- However the last five at Fir Park have all ended in a draw.
- Despite scoring 10 of Motherwell's 23 league goals this season, Nick Blackman has scored in only one of his 10 appearances at Fir Park in all competitions.
- Rangers are unbeaten on the road in the SPL this season, winning seven of their eight games.