SPL Opta Facts - 29-30 December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Aberdeen v Falkirk
- Aberdeen have failed to score in their last two meetings with Falkirk.
- Falkirk have scored exactly once in their last five trips to Pittodrie in all competitions, though they have lost four of these, drawing the other.
- The Bairns have managed only one first half goal in their 17 games against Aberdeen since 1997.
- The Dons have lost back-to-back league games at Pittodrie for the first time since October 2008.
- The Bairns' win at Kilmarnock ended a run of eight league matches without a win on the road in the SPL this season.
- Three of Falkirk's last four away goals have been netted by Carl Finnigan.
Hamilton v St Mirren
- Hamilton have kept a clean sheet in each of their last three matches against St Mirren.
- Three of the last five meetings between the Accies and the Buddies at Hamilton have ended goalless.
- The last seven games between the two sides have produced only nine goals.
- All four of the goals the Accies have scored against St Mirren in the SPL have come in the first half.
- All three of Simon Mensing's SPL goals this season have come at home.
- The Accies have not kept a clean sheet at home in the league since September.
- St Mirren have lost their last four SPL away games.
Hearts v Motherwell
- The home side has won the last four meetings between Hearts and Motherwell.
- Each of the last seven matches (all competitions) between the Steelmen and the Jambos at Tynecastle has seen at least three goals (average 3.7 goals per game).
- Motherwell have won on only one of their last eight trips to Tynecastle.
- Victory against Celtic ended a run of four games without a league win at Tynecastle for Hearts.
- Motherwell have conceded a total of 13 goals in their last four away matches in the league.
Kilmarnock v Celtic
- Celtic have won eight straight matches against Kilmarnock in all competitions.
- Killie have scored exactly once on each of the last eight occasions that they have hosted Celtic at Rugby Park (all competitions), but lost each time.
- Georgios Samaras has scored three goals in his three league starts against Kilmarnock, including one in October.
- Killie have not beaten Celtic in any match since May 2001, a run of 31 games.
- The Bhoys have averaged three goals per game in their last six games against Killie in all competitions.
- Killie are without a win in four league games at Rugby Park.
Rangers v Dundee Utd
- This will be the second time Rangers have played United in two weeks, having won 3-0 in their rearranged match at Tannadice on December 15th.
- Rangers have won their last three meetings with the Tangerines, keeping a clean sheet each time.
- Kyle Lafferty has scored three goals in his last four matches against the Terrors, twice finding the net after coming on from the bench.
- United have won just once in their last 13 trips to Ibrox (all competitions).
- Rangers have scored at least three goals in five of their nine league games at home this season.
- The Terrors are unbeaten on the road in the SPL this season.
St Johnstone v Hibernian
- St Johnstone have failed to score in five straight meetings with the Hibees in the league, conceding 11 goals.
- Anthony Stokes has already bagged three goals against St Johnstone this season, two in the 3-0 league win at Easter Road and one in the 3-1 League Cup reversal three days later on the same turf.
- The last three league games at McDiarmid Park have seen only four goals.
- Hibs are unbeaten in six on the road in the SPL, but have drawn four of the last five.
- Anthony Stokes has scored four of the Hibees' last five away goals in the SPL.