SPL Opta Facts - 3-4 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Hamilton v St Johnstone
- The home side has won in each of their last four meetings.
- Only one of the last 43 encounters in all competitions between the Accies and the Saints has ended goalless.
- Only the top three teams in the SPL have scored more goals than St Johnstone this season (nine), however the Saints are still rooted to the foot of the table.
- Hamilton have kept two consecutive clean sheets at home in the league.
- Four of the five goals scored at New Douglas Park in the league this season have come in the first half.
- Each of St Johnstone's three away games in the SPL in 2009/10 have seen at least two goals in the first half.
Hibernian v Dundee Utd
- Six of the last nine league encounters between Dundee United and Hibernian have ended in draws.
- Hibs have won on six of the last eight occasions that they have hosted United.
- The Terrors have not scored more than two goals in 31 encounters with the Cabbage in all competitions.
- Hibernian are the only SPL side yet to draw a league game this season.
- Dundee United are unbeaten on the road in the league in 2009/10, drawing twice and winning once.
- Derek Riordan has scored four goals in his last five league outings with Hibs.
Kilmarnock v Aberdeen
- Kilmarnock have managed only one win against Aberdeen in their last nine league meetings.
- The Dons have scored in their last five trips to Rugby Park.
- Aberdeen have kept five consecutive SPL clean sheets, something the Dons have never achieved before.
- Mark McGhee's men have scored only once in their last four league outings.
- Killie's last three league matches have produced just one goal, and their last match with Aberdeen ended goalless.
Motherwell v Falkirk
- Falkirk have won three of their last four meetings with Motherwell at Falkirk Stadium, drawing the other.
- The Steelmen lost their first league game of the season in their last match.
- Falkirk's last three matches in the SPL have finished goalless.
- The Bairns have picked up just one point in three away matches in the league this season.
- Motherwell have won just one of their last seven league matches at Fir Park.
St Mirren v Hearts
- Hearts are unbeaten in five matches against St Mirren.
- The Buddies have failed to score in 237 minutes in the league.
- St Mirren are yet to claim a win at home in the SPL this season and have scored just once in this period.
- The Jambos have taken just one point on the road this season in the SPL.
- Hearts have conceded twice in every away league game this season, conceding the second in the final six minutes each time.
Rangers v Celtic
- The last three times Celtic have travelled to Ibrox in the league, the score has finished 1-0 - twice to Rangers, once to Celtic.
- There have been just four goals in the last four meetings between the teams in all competitions.
- Only once in the 38 "Old Firm" derbies since the turn of the millennium has the side that conceded first gone on to win.
- The Bhoys have scored more first-half goals (eight) than any other team in the SPL this season.
- Rangers have failed to score in three consecutive matches for the first time ever in the SPL, drawing each 0-0.
- Eight of Celtic's 14 goals this season have come from crosses, compared to just two of Rangers' 10.