SPL Opta Facts - 3-5 March
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
SPL Opta Facts
Aberdeen v Celtic
- Aberdeen have taken just one point from their last 10 league meetings with Celtic.
- The Dons have scored just one goal in their last five meetings with the Bhoys combined.
- Celtic have only failed to score in one of their 24 visits to Aberdeen in the SPL.
- Aberdeen have only won one of their last 17 league games at home to Celtic (D3 L13).
- The Hoops have averaged three goals per game over their last eight league visits to Pittodrie.
- There have been six red cards in the last seven SPL meetings between the sides.
- The Dons are unbeaten in eight in the SPL, though six of these have been draws.
- There have been just two goals scored in the last five league games at Pittodrie combined (two 1-0 home wins, three goalless draws).
- Celtic have kept six consecutive clean sheets in the league, and have conceded only two goals in their last 14 matches.
- The Bhoys have won their last 17 SPL games, the second-longest run ever in the competition (the record is 25 matches, set by Celtic in February 2004).
Dunfermline v Motherwell
- The Pars have won only one of their last seven SPL matches at home to Motherwell (D3 L3).
- Motherwell have won five of their last six league clashes with Dunfermline.
- Dunfermline have taken just two points from the last 21 available in the SPL.
- The Pars have won only two of their last 25 SPL matches.
- Dunfermline are yet to win at home in the league this season.
- Motherwell have scored just one goal in their last five league away games combined, managing only two draws in this run.
- The Steelmen are without a win in five away from home in the SPL: prior to this run they had won seven of nine this season.
Hibernian v St Mirren
- Hibs have lost just one of their last five league meetings with the Buddies (W3 D1).
- Hibernian are without a win in their last two at home to St Mirren in the SPL (D1 L1).
- Hibs have bagged three goals in each of their last two league games.
- The Easter Road outfit have won only one of their 19 league games on home soil in the last year.
- St Mirren have drawn their last four league games.
- The Buddies are without a win in their last seven SPL matches on the road (D4 L3).
- Hibernian and St Mirren have dropped the joint-most points from winning positions in the SPL this season (18).
Kilmarnock v St Johnstone
- Kilmarnock are without a win in their last four league meetings with the Saints (D2 L2).
- St Johnstone are unbeaten on their last three SPL trips to Rugby Park (W2 D1).
- The Saints have never failed to score in 12 SPL visits to Kilmarnock.
- Kilmarnock have shipped seven goals in their last two league games combined.
- Killie have won only one of their last seven league games (D3 L3).
- Kilmarnock have only failed to score in one of their last 11 league matches at Rugby Park (0-3 vs Dunfermline).
- St Johnstone have only lost two of their last 16 SPL games on the road.
Rangers v Hearts
- Hearts have only won one of their 28 SPL games at Ibrox (D5 L22).
- The Jambos have netted just six goals in their last 11 league meetings with Rangers combined, and never more than once in a game in this period.
- Rangers have only lost one of their last 12 league meetings with Hearts (W8 D3).
- Rangers have only won one of their last three league games at home (D1 L1).
- The Gers have scored exactly four goals in three of their last four SPL matches.
- Sone Aluko has scored three goals in his last four league appearances.
- Hearts have scored just one goal in their last five league games combined (D1 L4).
- The Jambos have won only one of their last eight SPL matches on the road, failing to score in six.
- Rangers have scored the fewest goals from outside the box in the SPL this season (four).
Dundee United v Inverness CT
- United have won their last four league meetings with Caley Thistle.
- Caley Thistle have only failed to score on one of their 12 SPL visits to Tannadice.
- United have kept three consecutive clean sheets in the league for the first time since March 2008.
- The Terrors have only once before kept four consecutive shut-outs in the SPL (August-September 2007).
- United are unbeaten in five in the SPL, their best run this season.
- Caley Thistle are without a win in their last four in the league, their poorest run since August 2011.
- Dundee United have picked up more points from losing positions than any other SPL side this season (12).