SPL Opta Facts 5-6 December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Celtic v Aberdeen
- The last five meetings between the Dons and the Hoops have produced a total of 21 goals.
- Scott McDonald has scored in each of his last five matches against Aberdeen for a total of six goals and has managed five goals in Celtic's last five SPL matches.
- Celtic are unbeaten against Aberdeen at Parkhead in the league since October 2004.
- The Bhoys are undefeated at Parkhead in the SPL since Rangers' visit there in August 2008.
- The Dons have bagged only two goals in their last five matches on the road in the SPL.
- Aberdeen have kept the joint-most clean sheets in the SPL this season (six).
Dundee Utd v St Mirren
- Dundee United are unbeaten in seven league meetings with St Mirren.
- The Saints have failed to score in three of their last four clashes with the Terrors.
- The Terrors have won three of their last four league matches.
- United's last two league defeats have come at Tannadice.
- The Buddies are without a win in five league matches.
Falkirk v Rangers
- Rangers have won their last 10 matches against Falkirk.
- Falkirk have only been defeated once in their last five league games at home.
- Defeat at Pittodrie last time out ended a run of 21 matches unbeaten for the 'Gers.
- Rangers have failed to score in three of their last four league matches on the road.
- 80% of Falkirk's goals in the league this season have come in the second half, a greater proportion than any other side.
- Rangers, on the other hand, have scored a higher proportion of their goals in the first half than any other side (60%).
Hibernian v Motherwell
- The away side has won four of the last five fixtures between these two, drawing the other.
- Derek Riordan has scored in three consecutive appearances against the Steelmen.
- Hibernian are on a run of nine games in the SPL unbeaten; longer than any other side.
- Motherwell have drawn five of their last six in the league, including the last three in a row.
- Lucas Jutkiewicz has scored five goals in his last five SPL outings.
- Hibs have conceded just one second half goal in the league this season, compared to eight in the first half.
St Johnstone v Kilmarnock
- Killie have won their last two meetings with St Johnstone, one earlier this season and one in 2002.
- Kilmarnock have only been defeated once in their last six trips to McDiarmid Park in all competitions.
- St Johnstone have only failed to score once in the league this season (in September vs Hibernian).
- Kilmarnock have been defeated in four straight league matches, scoring only one goal in this period.
- Killie's last clean sheet came in September.
- Kevin Kyle has not scored in four SPL appearances since bagging a brace against St Johnstone in October.
Hamilton v Hearts
- Hearts have won 19 of their last 20 encounters with Hamilton.
- However the Accies' only win in this fixture came in their last encounter at New Douglas Park.
- The Accies are without a win in four home league games.
- Hearts won their last match away at Kilmarnock, ending a run of 12 matches without a win on the road for the Jam Tarts.
- Neither side has scored more than twice in any of Hearts' last 22 away matches in the SPL.