SPL Opta Facts - 5-7 May
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
SPL Opta Facts
5 May - 7 May 2012
Rangers v Motherwell
- Rangers have won their last seven league meetings with Motherwell, averaging 3.9 goals per game and conceding just three in total in this period.
- Motherwell have not beaten the Gers in the SPL since December 2002, a run of nearly 10 years and 33 games.
- The Steelmen have played at Ibrox 25 times in the SPL, managing just two draws and 23 defeats.
- Motherwell's last win at Ibrox came in May 1997 (2-0 in the old Scottish Premier Division).
- Rangers have scored at least three times in each of their last six league games at home to the Steelmen.
- All eight of Rangers' league goals against Motherwell this season have been scored by different players.
- Motherwell have won their last two league games, they have only won three in a row once this season (back in October).
Kilmarnock v Aberdeen
- Kilmarnock have won their last three at home to Aberdeen in the league, all by the same scoreline (2-0).
- The Dons have failed to score in five of their last eight league clashes with Kilmarnock.
- Killie have won five of their last eight league meetings with Aberdeen, losing just one.
- Aberdeen have won just one of their last seven league games on the road (D3 L3).
- None of Kilmarnock's last six league games has ended in a draw (W3 L3).
- Dean Shiels has bagged four goals in his last five league games with Kilmarnock.
St Mirren v Inverness CT
- The Saints have won just one of their last nine SPL meetings with Inverness (D2 L6).
- St Mirren have only picked up one point from their last four league games at home to Caley Thistle.
- The Buddies are unbeaten in three at home in the league, their best run in over two years (April 2010).
- Steven Thompson has scored five goals in his last three league appearances at St Mirren Park.
- Caley Thistle have won only one of their last six on the road in the league.
- St Mirren have won back-to-back league matches. They have not won three in a row since December 2008.
- Inverness have won only one of their last 13 league games (D5 L7).
Dundee United v Celtic
- Celtic have won on their last four league visits to Tannadice.
- Dundee United have won only one of their last 20 matches at home to the Bhoys in the league (November 2009, D3 L16).
- The Terrors have scored exactly once in six of their last seven league clashes with Celtic.
- This will be the 50th SPL meeting between the sides: United have won just two so far.
- Gary Hooper has opened the scoring in five of his seven SPL meetings with Dundee United, and has scored more against the Tangerines than any other side in the competition (seven).
- Only Dundee (4%) have a lower win % against Celtic in the SPL than Dundee United (4.08%, min. 20 meetings).
- United are unbeaten in seven on their own turf in the league (W4 D3).
- Celtic have kept nine clean sheets in their last 11 league games on the road (W9 D1 L1).
Hearts v St Johnstone
- St Johnstone have won all three league meetings with Hearts this season.
- The Saints have never before won every meeting with the same side in an SPL campaign.
- Hearts have only won on one of their last five league visits to McDiarmid Park.
- St Johnstone have won more away games than home games in the SPL this season.
- The Jam Tarts are without a win in three in the SPL.
- Hearts have lost their last two at home in the league, they have not lost three in a row at Tynecastle since December 2007.
- Tynecastle has not seen a single league draw this season (10 home wins, eight defeats).
Hibernian v Dunfermline
- Hibs have won five of their last eight top-flight meetings with Dunfermline.
- Hibernian have picked up only 10 points at home in the league this season, only one side (St Johnstone in 01/02) has ever picked up fewer points in a full SPL campaign in front of their own fans.
- Hibs' one home win in the league this season came against St Johnstone back in September.
- The Easter Road outfit have scored just one goal in their last six league games on home soil.
- Only a win in this match could keep Dunfermline in with a chance of avoiding relegation this season.
- The Pars have drawn their last two league games on the road.