SPL Opta Facts: 7-10 May
Football facts to aid your betting from all the major leagues in Europe.
Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading supplier of sports performance data, bring you Opta Facts, the key statistics you'll need to make an informed choice with your football betting.
SPL Opta Facts 7-10 May 2009
Thursday, 7 May 2009
Dundee Utd v Aberdeen
- United have won their last four matches when hosting Aberdeen at Tannadice.
- Fran Sandaza has opened the scoring in all three matches between the sides this season.
- United have drawn four of their last five SPL matches at Tannadice, losing the other 1-0.
- The Dons are without a win on the road in the SPL in six, losing three of these.
- Three of Aberdeen’s four goals over their last six league games have been netted by Chris Maguire.
- Aberdeen have not scored more than a single goal in an SPL game since February 21.
- United have scored a greater proportion of their goals (67%) in the second half than any other SPL club this season.
Hearts v Hibernian
- Neither side has scored more than once in any of the last six SPL Edinburgh derbies.
- Eight of the last nine goals in this fixture in the league have come in the first half – seven before the 23rd minute.
- Hearts have managed just one win in their last six in the league, losing two.
- Despite failing to score in four of their last six away matches in the SPL, the Jambos have scored in each of their last six at Tynecastle.
- Csaba Lazslo’s men are unbeaten at home in the league since hosting Celtic at the beginning of November. In this period they have won seven of their 11 matches.
- Hibernian have lost their last two league matches, however both of these were at home.
- On the road, the Hibees are unbeaten in three in the SPL.
- Only Falkirk (one win) have won fewer away matches in the SPL than Mixu Paatelainen’s side this season (four).
Saturday, 9 May 2009
Kilmarnock v Falkirk
- Killie have won the last league fixture between these two in a season for the last five campaigns in which they have played together.
- None of the last seven meetings between the two sides in all competitions at Rugby Park have ended in stalemate.
- Falkirk are without a win in 11 away games in the SPL – longer than any other side.
- Carl Finnigan’s opener last week was the Bairns’ first goal in 377 minutes of league football.
- John Hughes’ men have won only one away game all season, fewer than any other team.
- Killie have won just once in 15 league fixtures, although this did come last time out at home – 3-0 against Falkirk!
- Falkirk have thrown away more points from winning positions than any other top-flight team, 20.
Rangers v Celtic
- Celtic have won both of their trips to Ibrox this season – once in the League Cup (2-0) and once in the league (1-0).
- The Hoops have only once in the last 26 seasons done a league double over Rangers at Ibrox.
- The scores have been level at halftime between these two teams in each of the last five matches (all competitions), though only one has ended in a draw.
- Andrius Velicka has scored in his last four matches with Rangers in all competitions.
- Kris Boyd has scored four in his last four matches with Rangers in all competitions.
- Celtic are unbeaten in six matches on the road in the SPL.
- Rangers have won their last five league matches on the trot.
- Rangers' last six losses at Ibrox since 2005 (including two against Celtic) in the league have been by a score of 1-0.
- Celtic and Rangers have both kept a league-high 15 clean sheets this season.
- Rangers have gained 17 points from a losing position this season, more than any other side and six more than the Bhoys.
St Mirren v Motherwell
- Motherwell have only managed one win over St Mirren in their last seven meetings in all competitions.
- The Buddies have failed to score on three of the last four occasions on which they have hosted the Steelmen in the league.
- Both sides have scored in St Mirren’s last six matches at St Mirren Park in the league, though Gus MacPherson’s men are without a win in this period.
- Motherwell have lost their last three matches in the SPL on the trot.
- Hamilton are the only side to have lost more often on the road (11 times) in the SPL this season than the Steelmen (10 times).
- St Mirren have only conceded 17 goals at home in the league this season, the same number as third-placed Hearts.
- However no side has scored as few (13) goals on their own turf as the Buddies.
- St Mirren have also drawn more home matches than any other side in the SPL this season.
Sunday, 10 May 2009
Inverness CT v Hamilton
- The three league meetings between the sides this season have seen two Accies wins and one draw, but only four goals.
- Only Rangers and Celtic have won more points from their last three SPL matches than Inverness (10).
- After taking just one point from six league matches, Hamilton have taken four from their last two.
- Inverness have lost just once at home in their last six in the league, winning three.
- Prior to this streak, Caley Thistle had managed just one home win all season.
- Hamilton have failed to score in 14 SPL games this season, more than any other team.
- If the SPL had started when Terry Butcher took over Inverness on 27th January, Caley Thistle would be third in the league – two points clear of Hearts.