SPL Opta Facts – 30-2 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Aberdeen v Dunfermline
- This is the first SPL match on a Friday since 12th April 2002.
- Curiously, Aberdeen and Dunfermline met on that day, drawing 0-0 at Dunfermline.
- Aberdeen have shipped only one goal in their last six SPL meetings with Dunfermline combined.
- The Dons have lost only one of their four league games at home this season.
- Both of Dunfermline's league wins this season have come on the road.
- The Pars have won on only one of their 14 league trips to Pittodrie in the SPL (11 defeats).
- The Dons have not netted a goal beyond the 53rd minute in the league this season.
- Dunfermline have shipped nine second half goals this season, more than any other SPL side.
Dundee United v Motherwell
- United have won four of their last six league meetings with the Steelmen.
- Motherwell have won on only two of their last 11 SPL visits to Tannadice.
- The Steelmen have failed to score in six of their last eight league games at Dundee United.
- United have won their last three at home to Motherwell in the league, keeping a clean sheet each time.
- Jon Daly bagged a hat-trick in the last meeting between the two in the SPL.
- United have scored exactly three goals in three of their last four SPL games, though two of these ended 3-3.
- Motherwell's only away defeat this season came at Celtic.
- No side has conceded more goals from outside the box in the SPL this season than the Terrors (six).
- Motherwell have lost all three matches in which they have gone behind in the league this season.
Inverness CT v St Mirren
- Inverness have won four of their last six SPL games against St Mirren, losing one.
- All three of St Mirren's wins at Caley Thistle in the SPL have been by the same scoreline (2-1).
- Inverness are yet to keep a clean sheet in the league this season.
- St Mirren have lost only one of their last five league games on the road.
- St Mirren have failed to score in four of their last six league matches.
- 75% of Caley Thistle's goals in the league this season have come in the second half, a higher proportion than any other side.
Kilmarnock v St Johnstone
- Kilmarnock have lost only one of their last eight league games against St Johnstone.
- St Johnstone have never failed to score on a trip to Rugby Park in the SPL (11 games).
- Kilmarnock are still unbeaten at home in the league this season.
- Killie have conceded at least twice in their last five league games.
- Paul Heffernan has scored four goals in Kilmarnock's last three home league games combined.
- St Johnstone have kept a clean sheet in four of their five SPL matches away from home this season.
- Overall the Saints have kept eight clean sheets in their last 12 games in the league.
- Killie have conceded the most headed goals in the SPL this season (5).
Rangers v Hibernian
- Hibs won 3-0 on their last trip to Rangers, the Gers' joint-heaviest home defeat in the SPL.
- Since the start of 05/06, Hibernian have won three times at Ibrox in the SPL, a joint-high with Celtic.
- Overall though, Hibernian have won only one of their last 14 league meetings with Rangers.
- Rangers have won 17 of their last 19 league games (two draws).
- During this run they have kept 15 clean sheets.
- On the three previous occasions that Rangers have taken at least 25 points from their first nine SPL games they have gone on to win the league.
- Hibernian have won only three of their last 19 league games
- The Gers have scored the most headed goals in the SPL this season (6).
- Rangers are yet to concede a second-half goal this season.
- Hibs have already dropped seven points from winning positions in the league this season, more than any other side.
Hearts v Celtic
- There have been three red cards plus 18 yellow cards overall in the last three clashes between the sides in the league.
- Six of Hearts' last eight goals against the Bhoys have come in the first half.
- Celtic have won five of their last six league meetings with the Jambos.
- The Bhoys have won on only four of their last 10 trips to Tynecastle in the SPL (four defeats, two draws).
- Celtic have kept a clean sheet in eight of their last 10 league away games.
- The Jambos have won their last three at home in the league, keeping a clean sheet each time.
- Hearts have won eight times at home to Old Firm sides in the SPL since 05/06, two more than any other side (Aberdeen; six).
- Celtic have scored seven goals from outside the area in the SPL this season, three more than any other side.
- The Bhoys are the top scorers in the first half of SPL games this season, with 11 of their 18 strikes coming in this period.