SPL Opta Facts - August 20-21
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Aberdeen v Inverness CT
- None of the last 10 league clashes between these sides have ended in a draw, with the Dons winning seven and Inverness winning three.
- At Pittodrie, Aberdeen have never scored more than once in a game against Inverness in the SPL, though they have netted exactly one in six of the last seven meetings.
- Aberdeen have failed to score in seven of their last eight home league games, including the last four.
- The last team the Dons managed to score against at Pittodrie was Inverness, in a 1-0 victory back in April.
- Inverness have only won two of their last 14 away games in the SPL.
- The last time Aberdeen failed to win at least one of their opening five SPL games was back in 1999/2000, when they lost their first seven games of the campaign.
- Aberdeen are the only side to have failed to score in their opening four games of an SPL campaign, doing so this season and in 1999/00.
Dundee Utd v Dunfermline
- United have only won one of their last 12 SPL meetings with Dunfermline, a 2-1 victory in December 2005.
- The Tangerines have only scored one goal in their last five meetings with the Pars combined.
- The last two clashes between the sides at Tannadice have both finished 0-0.
- Dundee United have only lost one of their last 11 league games at Tannadice.
- The Pars are unbeaten in 11 away games in all competitions, winning their only two this season so far.
- Jon Daly has scored six goals in his last five home games for United in all competitions.
Hibernian v St Mirren
- Hibernian have won eight and lost just one of their 10 previous SPL meetings with St Mirren at Easter Road.
- Hibs have scored exactly two goals in five of their last six home meetings with the Buddies, netting one in the other.
- Hibs have only won one of their last nine league games (seven defeats).
- St Mirren's last nine SPL games have seen a total of just nine goals netted, with neither the Buddies nor their opposition netting more than one goal in a game in that period.
- Despite failing to win any of their last six, Hibs have found the net in eight of their last nine home league games.
- The Buddies have lost just one of their last five SPL away games; a 0-1 reverse at Inverness in May.
Motherwell v Rangers
- Rangers netted 19 goals in their four SPL victories over Motherwell last season.
- Nikica Jelavic has netted four goals in his last two clashes with 'Well.
- Motherwell have only lost one of their last seven home SPL games, though that was a 0-5 drubbing by Rangers in April.
- Jamie Murphy has netted in both of Motherwell's SPL games at home this season.
- Rangers are unbeaten in 30 SPL meetings with Motherwell, last losing to them in December 2002 (0-1).
- Motherwell's winless run against Rangers is the second longest in SPL history, following Dundee United's 34 game run without a victory against Celtic that ended in September 2009.
- Rangers have won their last nine away SPL games, scoring 23 and conceding just one.
- Steven Naismith has netted in each of his last three clashes with Motherwell in all competitions, and netted five goals in five games against them overall last term.
- Motherwell have taken more points from their first four SPL games (10) than ever before.
- The Steelmen are yet to concede a goal in the SPL this campaign, and in this match could become the first-ever side to keep a clean sheet in each of their opening five games in the tournament.
- Motherwell are only the third non-Old Firm side to take 10 points from their opening four SPL games (after Hibs 00/01 and Kilmarnock 08/09).
Celtic v St Johnstone
- Celtic have won 15 (including the last 12) and drawn one of their last 16 SPL meetings with St Johnstone.
- At Celtic Park, Neil Lennon's side have won each of their last nine league meetings with the Saints, netting 31 goals and conceding just five.
- Celtic have won their last 11 SPL home games and are unbeaten in 15 at Parkhead.
- The last team other than Rangers to win an SPL game at Celtic Park was Hibernian, who won 2-1 in January 2010.
- St Johnstone are unbeaten in four SPL away games, winning two of them.
- The Saints have kept a clean sheet on each of their last three away games in the SPL.
- Overall, however, St Johnstone have failed to find the net in each of their last four league games and 14 of their last 18.
- Gary Hooper has scored seven goals in his last seven home SPL games.
Kilmarnock v Hearts
- Hearts are unbeaten in five SPL trips to Rugby Park, winning three and drawing two.
- The Jambos have netted exactly two goals on each of their last four SPL trips to Kilmarnock.
- The last 12 SPL goals Hearts have scored at Rugby Park have all come in the second half, with their last first half goal there being scored by Rudi Skacel in July 2005.
- The Jam Tarts are winless in 10 on the road in all competitions, with their last victory coming back in February (2-0 v Hamilton).
- Killie are unbeaten in seven home league games against teams other than the Old Firm, with their last defeat coming against Hearts in January (1-2).
- Rangers and Celtic aside, Hearts (79) and Kilmarnock (78) have won more SPL points in August than any other side.