SPL Opta Facts - Dec 26th
Dundee United v St Johnstone
- St Johnstone have failed to score in four of their last five SPL games against Dundee United, including in their meeting earlier this season.
- The Tangerines have dropped only four points after going ahead in league games this season, converting eight leads into six wins.
- St Johnstone have taken the lead in five away matches this season and have not lost any of those matches (W3 D2).
- In Dundee United's last seven matches, 29 goals have been scored at an average of over 4 per game.
- St Johnstone are on a four-match winless run where they have lost two games to nil and played out a score-draw in the other two.
Hibernian v Ross County
- Ross County have won just three of their 19 SPL games this season, but one of these came against Hibernian in October (3-2).
- Ross County have won two and drawn one of their meetings with Hibs in all comps since March 2010.
- Ross County have blown 13 points from winning positions so far this season, more than any other side.
- No side have been ahead in more home games this season than Hibs (7), while no side have won more points in SPL home games this term (17) than the Hibees.
Inverness CT v St Mirren
- Inverness CT are unbeaten in their last seven SPL meetings with St Mirren (W4 D3)
- St Mirren remain the only side in the division not to score a goal in the opening half-hour of league matches this season.
- Inverness CT - the division's top scorers (38 goals) - have netted 20 of their goals in the final half hour of games, seven more than any other SPL team.
- However, Inverness CT have conceded more goals in the opening 15 minutes of matches than any other SPL team this season (8).
- The Buddies have lost only one of their last five matches, with the defeat coming to Celtic (W2 D2).
Kilmarnock v Hearts
- Kilmarnock are unbeaten in their last six SPL meetings with Hearts (W3 D3).
- There have been three red cards given in the last three SPL games between Killie and Hearts.
- Cillian Sheridan netted a hat-trick for Kilmarnock in their 3-1 away win at Hearts earlier this season.
- Both teams have yet to win a match that they have fallen behind in this season. Hearts have lost six and drawn two, whilst Killy have lost seven and drawn
- Hearts are on a three-match unbeaten run (W2 D1) and have netted exactly twice in each of those outings. Ryan Stevenson has netted three of those goals.
Motherwell v Aberdeen
- There has been a 90th minute goal scored in each of the last three matches between Motherwell and Aberdeen.
- Motherwell have scored more goals in the opening 15 minutes of games (7) than any other side in the SPL this season.
- Motherwell have lost the joint-lowest tally of points from winning positions this season (4), while collecting 12 after trailing, a division-high.
- Aberdeen have led in four different SPL away games this season and have converted all of those into victories.
- Aberdeen's last three matches have all ended in a 2-0 scoreline. They won their last match but lost the previous two.
Dundee v Celtic
- Celtic have won each of their last four competitive meetings with Dundee, conceding just two goals in the process.
- Dundee last defeat Celtic in May 2001, they've lost 14 and drawn two of their 16 meetings since.
- Dundee, the division's lowest scorers with 11 to date, are the only team yet to net a late goal (after 75 mins) in the SPL. They have scored only three second half goals all season.
- Celtic have a great first half record in SPL games this season. They have conceded twice in the opening 45 minutes (league-low) and have netted 17 goals in that period (league-high).
- Neither side have won matches that they have fallen behind in this season. Celtic have lost three and drawn one, whilst Dundee have lost all 12 matches they have trailed in.