SPL Opta Facts - December 10
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
SPL Opta Facts
10 December 2011
Hibernian v Rangers
- Hibs have won just one of their last 15 league meetings with Rangers.
- Hibernian have failed to score in five of their last six SPL clashes with the Gers, though won the other 3-0.
- The Teddy Bears are unbeaten at Easter Road in the league since September 2006, drawing three and winning eight.
- Since the end of February, Hibernian have only won one of their 13 league games at home (3-2 v St Johnstone in September).
- Last time out on the road Rangers' run of 14 consecutive wins away from home came to an end (0-1 at Kilmarnock).
- The Gers have conceded just three goals in their last 15 league games on the road combined.
- Rangers have scored the most headed goals in the SPL this season (7) while Hibs have scored the joint-fewest in this way (1).
- Only Dundee United (5%) have scored a lower proportion of their goals from outside the area in the SPL this season than the Gers (6%).
Aberdeen v St Mirren
- The Dons have lost their last three league games against St Mirren, including the last two by a 0-1 scoreline.
- In May, the Buddies managed their first-ever SPL win at Pittodrie (eight defeats and one draw previously).
- Aberdeen have conceded at least twice in their last five league games (four defeats, one draw).
- St Mirren have won only one of their last five league away games (one draw, three defeats).
- St Mirren are the lowest-scoring side after the break in the SPL this season (four goals).
- Only Rangers (10) have scored more goals from crosses in the SPL this season than the Dons (eight).
Celtic v Hearts
- Celtic have only won six of their last 12 league meetings with the Jambos.
- However the Bhoys have won their last four at home in the SPL to the Jam Tarts.
- Only Rangers (19) have won more SPL games against Celtic than Hearts (11, five more than any other side).
- There have been four red cards in the last four league clashes between Celtic and Hearts (three for the Hoops).
- Hearts have won the last six league games when they have scored twice against Celtic.
- The Bhoys have won their last five in the league, their best run this season.
- Celtic have only lost one of their last 22 SPL games at home.
- Hearts have only won one of their last six in the SPL, and just one of their last 15 on the road.
- Celtic are the only side yet to concede a goal from outside the box in the league this season.
- The Bhoys have bagged 11 goals in the opening 15 minutes of SPL games this season, six more than any other side.
Dunfermline v Kilmarnock
- The Pars have won only one of their last nine SPL meetings with Kilmarnock.
- Since drawing 0-0 on the opening day, Dunfermline have conceded an average of 3.14 goals per game at home in the SPL this season.
- Dunfermline are the poorest home side in the SPL this season (four points, no wins).
- The Pars have won only one of their last 13 league games.
- Killie's last three league games on the road have produced only three goals in total (two draws, one win).
Inverness CT v Dundee United
- Caley Thistle have won only one of their last eight in the league against United (five defeats).
- The Terrors have won on three of their last four league visits to Inverness, drawing the other.
- Inverness have never scored more than once in a match at home to United in the SPL.
- Inverness are yet to keep a clean sheet in the SPL this season: every other side has at least three.
- United's last three league matches have seen just two goals in total (one win, one draw, one defeat).
- Dundee United have won only one of their last seven on the road in the league (three draws, three defeats), shipping at least three goals in five.
- Caley Thistle have conceded the most goals from outside the box in the league this season (eight).
St Johnstone v Motherwell
- The Saints have won their last two against Motherwell in the league.
- St Johnstone are the only non-Old Firm side to have beaten the Steelmen in the SPL this season.
- The Saints are unbeaten in their last three in the league, winning their last two.
- St Johnstone have only lost one of their last five at home in the SPL (W3 D1).
- The Steelmen have only lost one of their last eight in the SPL (W5 D2).
- Motherwell have won four consecutive away games in the SPL for the first time ever.