SPL Opta Facts - December 2-4
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Motherwell v Hibernian
- Motherwell have won their last two games against Hibs in the SPL, keeping a clean sheet each time.
- The Steelmen have scored in their last 14 league games at home to Hibernian.
- Motherwell have won only one of their last six at home in the league, losing three and drawing two.
- However, home and away Motherwell have won five of their last eight.
- Hibs have won only two of their last 14 SPL games
- Hibernian have netted just 19% of their goals from set pieces this season, a league-low.
Hearts v St Johnstone
- The Jambos have won only two of their 10 league games at home in the SPL to St Johnstone.
- Hearts have scored exactly once in their last four home league games against the Saints.
- Seven of Hearts' eight home league games this season have either seen them keep a clean sheet and win (four) or fail to score and lose (three) - they won the other 2-1.
- The Saints have failed to score in three of their last four league games, but have only conceded two in their last five.
- St Johnstone have kept a clean sheet in eight of their last 10 league away games.
- The Jambos have scored more goals from corners than any other team in the SPL this season (four).
Kilmarnock v Aberdeen
- Killie have won their last two games at home to Aberdeen by the same scoreline (2-0).
- The Dons have lost three of their last four league games by the same scoreline (1-2), drawing the other 3-3.
- Killie have won only two of their last 10 in the league.
- The last five league games at Rugby Park have seen 24 goals in total (4.8 per game).
- Aberdeen have scored a higher percentage of set piece goals than any other SPL team (53%).
- Kilmarnock have lost a league-high 11 points from winning positions this campaign.
Rangers v Dunfermline
- No newly-promoted side has ever won at Ibrox in the SPL (16 defeats, five draws).
- The Pars have failed to score in their last three league meetings with Rangers.
- Since beating Rangers 2-0 at home in December 2003, Dunfermline have taken just two points from 12 league clashes.
- The Pars have lost their last 12 league matches at Ibrox, scoring just four goals.
- Dunfermline have scored exactly once in five of their last six league games.
- All three of Dunfermline's league wins this season have come on the road.
- Rangers have lost one of their last 26 league games, but that was in their last game (0-1 v Kilmarnock).
- The Pars have taken fewer points from their last 10 games than any other SPL team (six).
- Rangers have scored more headed goals than any other SPL club this term (seven).
- Conversely, the Gers have conceded a higher proportion of goals to headers (43%) than any other team in the Scottish top flight this campaign.
St Mirren v Inverness CT
- Inverness have won five and lost just one of their last seven SPL meetings with St Mirren.
- Inverness are yet to keep a clean sheet this season; every other SPL team has mustered at least three.
- Caley Thistle have lost five of their last six away league games, but won the other 6-3 at Kilmarnock.
- The Buddies have only conceded one headed goal this season: a joint-SPL low.
- Inverness have gained more points from behind than any other club in the SPL this season (seven).
- Paul McGowan has netted four goals in St Mirren's last four SPL games at St Mirren Park.
Dundee United v Celtic
- Celtic have won their last three trips to Tannadice in the SPL and have lost just one of their last 19 at Dundee United.
- The Bhoys have scored at least once in all 22 SPL away games at Dundee United, netting 51 goals in total.
- In fact, only at Aberdeen (62) and Motherwell (57) have Celtic netted more goals on the road in the SPL than at Tannadice (51).
- The Terrors have scored exactly one goal in each of their last five SPL games against Celtic, but haven't won any of them (four defeats, one draw).
- Celtic have scored nine goals in their last two SPL games against United combined, but only Gary Hooper (two) has netted more than once.
- Johnny Russell has scored in his last two games against Celtic.
- The Terrors have kept two consecutive clean sheets, They haven't gone three in a row without conceding since March 2008.
- Dundee United's last three SPL defeats have all been by the same scoreline (1-3).
- Celtic have won their last four SPL games, netting 11 goals and conceding two.
- Neil Lennon's side have scored 10 goals in the opening 15 minutes of games this season, an SPL-high.