SPL Opta Facts October 22nd-23rd
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Motherwell v Kilmarnock
- Motherwell are without a win in four against Killie in the league, losing two and drawing two.
- Kilmarnock have won on five of their last nine league trips to Fir Park.
- This is Motherwell's best-ever start to an SPL campaign (22 points from 11 games).
- Motherwell have not won four league games in a row since December 2007.
- The Steelmen have scored just twice in their last four league games at home combined.
- Killie are without a win in five in the SPL.
- Kilmarnock have won none of their last nine league away games.
Dundee Utd v St Johnstone
- United are unbeaten in their last 13 league meetings with St Johnstone, winning eight of these.
- St Johnstone have failed to score on three of their last four SPL trips to Tannadice.
- This is the Saints' best-ever start to an SPL campaign (18 points in 11 games).
- United have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last nine league games, winning just one game in this run.
- The Terrors' have conceded the joint-most SPL goals this season (22, along with Dunfermline).
- St Johnstone have lost only one of their last eight in the league (five wins).
- On the road, the Saints have lost just one of their last nine (five wins).
Inverness CT v Dunfermline
- Inverness have won five of their six meetings with Dunfermline at home in the top flight (one defeat).
- Dunfermline have only won one of their 13 SPL clashes with Caley Thistle.
- Caley Thistle have a higher win % (54%) against the Pars than any other side they have played at least five times in the SPL.
- Inverness are unbeaten in their last three league games at home.
- Caley Thistle are the only SPL side yet to keep a clean sheet this season.
- Dunfermline have taken only one point from the last 18 available in the league.
- The Pars have conceded the joint-most goals in the SPL this season (22).
St Mirren v Hibernian
- St Mirren have won only two of their last 12 league meetings with Hibernian, although one of these was earlier this season at Easter Road (2-1).
- However the Saints have only lost one of their nine SPL games at home to Hibs.
- The nine games between St Mirren and Hibs at St Mirren have produced just 14 goals in total.
- This is Hibernian's second-poorest start to an SPL campaign, after last season (eight points in 11 games).
- St Mirren have already kept more clean sheets at home in the league this season (three) than they managed in the whole of 2010-11.
- The Buddies have gone 20 SPL games without shipping three or more goals in a game, their longest-ever such run in the competition.
- Hibs have managed only two wins from their last 17 league games.
- Seven of Hibernian's 11 league goals this season have been netted by Garry O'Connor.
Hearts v Rangers
- Kyle Lafferty has scored four goals in Rangers' last six league games against Hearts.
- Rangers have scored four goals in the last 15 minutes in their last four visits to Tynecastle in the league.
- The Jambos have won only one of their last 11 league games against Rangers.
- Only Rangers (14) have picked up more points at home in the SPL this season than Hearts (12).
- Hearts have lost only one of their last eight league games.
- The Jambos have won their last four at home in the league, keeping a clean sheet in each match.
- Rangers are unbeaten in 21 SPL games, winning 18.
- The Gers have won their last 12 SPL games on the road: the record for consecutive away wins in the competition is 16, set by Celtic in 2003/04.
- Only Hearts (0) have scored fewer goals from outside the box in the SPL this season than Rangers (1).
Celtic v Aberdeen
- Celtic have lost just one of their last 26 league meetings with Aberdeen, winning 23.
- Celtic have beaten Aberdeen on more occasions than any side has beaten any other in the history of the SPL (39 wins, level with Rangers vs Kilmarnock).
- There have been five red cards in the last six SPL games between the Dons and the Bhoys.
- Anthony Stokes has scored more goals against Aberdeen than any other side in the SPL (nine goals, all in his last six appearances against them).
- Celtic have won their last 13 league games at home to Aberdeen.
- Aberdeen have picked up the joint-fewest points on the road in the league this season (one).
- The Bhoys have won 13 of their last 14 league games at home (one defeat vs St Johnstone).
- Joe Ledley has scored in three of Celtic's four league games at Celtic Park this season.
- Aberdeen are yet to score away from home this season.