UEFA Champions League Opta Facts - 24 November
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Debrecen v Liverpool
- Debreceni have lost all four of their Champions League matches so far.
- Liverpool have won just once in their last six Champions League games - against Debreceni.
- The Reds beat Debreceni by a score of 1-0 in their first Champions League match this season - the Hungarians have conceded at least four goals in each of their ensuing three games in the competition.
- Debreceni have conceded a competition-high 14 goals in the Champions League this season.
- 19 goals have been scored in matches involving Debreceni, a record this season in the Champions League.
- Adamo Coulibaly and Gergely Rudolf have both scored in each of their last two Champions League fixtures.
Fiorentina v Lyon
- Fiorentina are joint-top scorers (with Real Madrid) in the competition so far with 11 goals.
- Lyon are undefeated in their three meetings with Fiorentina in the Champions League, winning the last two.
- Fiorentina have never beaten French opposition in the competition, drawing three times and losing twice.
- Lyon have scored in each of their last 12 Champions League games, netting 25 goals in the process.
- Alberto Gilardino has scored more goals against Lyon than any other opponent in the Champions League: three.
- Lyon are the only visiting team to have won at Artemio Franchi in the Champions League, with a 2-1 win last season.
Barcelona v Inter Milan
- Barcelona have won just two of their last eight in the tournament, one of those was the 2008/09 final against Manchester United.
- However, Barcelona have won four of their last five Champions League games against Italian opposition.
- Inter Milan have only won one of their last nine Champions League matches.
- Inter have drawn their last three games against Spanish sides, failing to score in their last two.
- Inter Milan are the only side in the competition yet to concede a goal in the second half.
- Samuel Eto'o is yet to score in the Champions League since his goal in the final last season when he played for Barcelona.
Rubin Kazan v Dynamo Kiev
- Kiev have won just one of their last 13 away games in the Champions League.
- The Ukrainian side have never drawn a game against Russian opposition in the Champions League (three wins at home, two losses away).
- The home team has always come out on top in confrontations between Russian and Ukrainian teams in the Champions League.
- Dynamo Kiev have only scored three goals in their last eight away fixtures in the Champions League.
- Four of the seven goals conceded by Dynamo have been scored by Argentinean players (Dominguez, Messi, Samuel and Milito).
Rangers v VfB Stuttgart
- Rangers have now gone eight Champions League games without a win, losing five of these.
- The Scottish side have lost their last three games at home in the competition, conceding 11 goals in the process.
- Stuttgart have won just once in their last 13 Champions League games.
- VfB have won just once in 10 away games in their Champions League history.
- This will be the sixth meeting between these sides in the competition, both have won twice at home and they shared a 1-1 draw last time out in Germany.
- Stuttgart have been involved in three draws (all 1-1) in the Champions League this season, a record only Inter Milan can match.
Unirea Urziceni v Sevilla
- Sevilla have a 75% win ratio in the Champions League, winning nine of their 12 games so far.
- With 10 points and a +7 goal difference, Sevilla currently have the best record in the Champions League.
- Romanian sides have previously met Spanish sides on seven occasions in the competition, losing six of these and drawing the other.
- Unirea have recouped five points after coming back from losing positions, only Inter Milan have been as resilient this season in the Champions League.
- Sevilla have already qualified for the knockout stages of this season's competition.
- If Unirea win this match and Stuttgart fail to win at Rangers, they will become the first-ever Romanian side to make it past the group stages of the Champions League.
AZ Alkmaar v Olympiakos
- AZ are yet to win a game in the Champions League, drawing two and losing two.
- The Greek side have lost their last three matches away from home in the competition, failing to score a single goal in the process.
- AZ have only lost once in their 35 home matches in European competition.
- There has never been a draw in the 15 Champions League encounters between Dutch and Greek sides.
- Olympiakos have lost their two Champions League trips to Holland (at Ajax and Heerenveen), failing to score in the process.
- AZ's three goals have all been netted after the half time break.
Arsenal v Standard Liege
- The Gunners have kept a clean sheet in six of their last eight home fixtures in the competition.
- Anderlecht are the only Belgian side to have previously travelled to England in the Champions League, losing in each of their four trips.
- Only Manchester United have managed to beat Arsenal at the Emirates in the Champions League.
- Arsenal won 3-2 in the first leg despite going 2-0 down after only five minutes.
- In total, Standard have dropped six points after going ahead in their matches this season, a competition-high.
- Both sides have so far managed to find the net in each of their respective Champions League fixtures this season.