UEFA Champions League Opta Facts - 25 November
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bayern Munich v Maccabi Haifa
- Bayern have scored just one goal in their last three home games in the competition, drawing two and losing one, this follows a run in which they scored 13 in three, winning them all.
- The German side have won all three of their games against Israeli opposition in the competition, netting nine goals and conceding just one.
- Maccabi have lost their four games and are the only side that yet to score in the competition this season.
- No Israeli side has ever won an away match in the Champions League (nine defeats, one draw).
Bordeaux v Juventus
- Juventus have the best defensive record in this season's competition, conceding just one goal so far.
- Bordeaux have won their last three Champions League matches, equalling their record for consecutive wins set in 1999.
- Bordeaux have never beaten Italian opposition in the Champions League (three draws, two defeats).
- Juventus have travelled to France only twice in the Champions League, losing 3-2 on both visits (to Monaco and Nantes).
- Three of Bordeaux's six goals have been netted by defenders - 50%, the highest ratio this season in the competition.
- Only four goals have been scored in matches involving Juventus, a league-low this season in this competition.
CSKA Moscow v Wolfsburg
- Brazilian striker Grafite scored a hat trick for Wolfsburg on his competition debut in the first leg.
- CSKA have not kept a clean sheet in any of their last 12 Champions League fixtures.
- In 15 Champions League encounters between Russian and German teams, the Russian clubs have won only twice.
- All three goals conceded by Wolfsburg in this season's competition have come after the half time break.
Manchester United v Besiktas
- Manchester United haven't lost a Champions League match at Old Trafford since February 2005 (0-1 v Milan).
- United are unbeaten in 17 matches in the group stages of the Champions League - the longest such run currently in the competition.
- Since 1996, the Red Devils have only once been defeated at home in the group stages of the competition - 2-3 vs Deportivo La Coruña in October 2001.
- The two biggest ever defeats suffered by Besiktas in the Champions league were on trips to England: 0-8 at Anfield against Liverpool in November 2007 and 0-6 at Elland Road against Leeds in September 2000.
- Manchester United have scored five goals after the 75th minute, a record this season in the Champions League.
AC Milan v Marseille
- These sides met in the first-ever Champions League final in 1993, Marseille won 1-0.
- Marseille have lost their last three Champions League meetings since then against Italian opposition, conceding nine goals in the process.
- AC Milan have won none of their last three home fixtures in the Champions League (two defeats, one draw).
- Milan are yet to keep a clean sheet this season in the Champions League.
- Lille are the only French side to have defeated AC Milan at the San Siro in the Champions League (2-0 in December 2006).
- Filippo Inzaghi has scored 8 goals against French sides in European competitions, always in braces.
Real Madrid v FC Zurich
- Real Madrid are the joint-top scorers in the competition so far (with Fiorentina), 11 goals.
- Only Debreceni have conceded more goals (14) than Zurich (12) this season in the Champions League.
- No Swiss team has ever won in Spain in the Champions League.
- Real Madrid have scored a league-high four goals from outside the box.
- Madrid have lost four of their last seven Champions League matches at Santiago Bernabeu.
- Madrid have won each of their three matches against Swiss opposition in the Champions League.
- Three of the four goals scored by Zurich have come from set pieces (75%).
- Despite having made only two appearances this season in the competition, Cristiano Ronaldo is still the Champions League's top scorer for 2009/10 with four goals.
Apoel Nicosia v Atletico Madrid
- Atletico Madrid have failed to score in their last four away matches in the Champions League.
- Apoel have never won a match in the Champions League (three draws, three defeats).
- Apoel have had fewer shots on target than any other side in this year's competition, six.
- Atletico have drawn seven of their last 10 Champions League fixtures.
FC Porto v Chelsea
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 12 Champions League matches.
- South American attacking duo Hulk and Falcao have netted 80% of Porto goals this season in the Champions League (two each).
- Only one English side has ever won at Porto in the Champions League: Manchester United (last season). So far Chelsea have drawn once and lost once at the Dragao stadium.
- Didier Drogba has netted seven goals in his last eight appearances in Europe.
- Porto have won their last three Champions League matches, a win against Chelsea would equal their record of four consecutive wins in 1996.
- The last time a visiting team managed to score more than once at the Dragao in the Champions League was in September 2005, when Artmedia Bratislava won 3-2.