UEFA Champions League Opta Facts - 3 November
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Group A - Bayern Munich v Bordeaux
- These two met for the first time in the Champions League in the last round; Mickael Ciani scored at both ends before Marc Planus grabbed the winner for the French champions.
- Bayern have not managed a win on the last three occasions when they have hosted French opposition in the Champions League.
- This will be Bordeaux’s first ever away game in Germany in the Champions League.
- Bordeaux are the only team to have been awarded two penalties in the competition, both were against Bayern and both were saved.
- Along with their Ligue 1 counterparts, Marseille, Bordeaux are the only team to have scored 100% of their goals from set plays.
- All three of Bayern’s goals have been scored by Thomas Muller and Daniel van Buyten, who are both suspended for this game.
- Bordeaux have lost their last two away games in Ligue 1, whilst Munich are unbeaten in seven home games in all competitions this season.
Group A - Maccabi Haifa v Juventus
- Maccabi have lost all three of their Champions League games this season, failing to score in all of them.
- Haifa have never drawn a Champions League game at home, winning two (both 3-0) and losing two (0-2 and 0-3).
- Juventus have won just once in their last seven Champions League games, against Haifa, last time out.
- In their three games against Israeli opposition in the Champions League, Juventus have never managed to score more than one goal.
- Juventus have won just once in their last four away games in all competitions.
- Maccabi have conceded 25 fouls in the danger area, nine more than any other side in the Champions League this season.
Group B - Besiktas v Wolfsburg
- Besiktas have never beaten German opposition in the Champions League, failing to score in all three meetings they have had.
- The Turkish side have only scored in half of their 14 home games in the Champions League, but they have won all seven of these matches.
- Wolfsburg have not won in four away games in all competitions, losing two of them.
- Wolfsburg have made more crosses and taken more corners than any other side so far, 94.
- The German side have conceded just 37 free kicks so far in the competition, fewer than any other side.
- Besiktas have conceded exactly one goal in their last four home games in the Champions League.
Group B - Man Utd v CSKA Moscow
- Manchester United have won six of their last seven Champions League games, the exception being the 2008/09 final versus Barcelona.
- United are undefeated in 22 home games in the competition, a record dating back to 2005.
- CSKA have won just once in 12 Champions League games, losing six of their last seven.
- In five games against English opposition in the Champions League, CSKA have scored just one goal, it was however enough for a 1-0 win over Arsenal.
- The side from Moscow have lost their last five away games in the competition, despite scoring in each game.
- United have made 690 passes in their own half so far, more than any other side.
- CSKA have attempted just 36 crosses and corners so far, a competition low.
- Moscow have attempted (39) and won (30) fewer tackles than any other side so far.
Group C - AC Milan v Real Madrid
- None of Real Madrid’s last 15 matches in this competition have ended in a draw.
- Real Madrid have lost their last five encounters against Italian sides in the Champions League, conceding at least two goals in each defeat.
- Milan have lost their last two home matches in the Champions League.
- Madrid have scored the most goals this season in this competition, 10.
- Before Cristiano Ronaldo’s injury Madrid had won all seven competitive matches he had appeared in.
- Ronaldo is currently the top scorer in the Champions League this season with four goals.
- Clarence Seedorf currently tops the Champions League in terms of assists with three, alongside Luis Fabiano (Sevilla).
- Alexandre Pato has netted four goals in his last five appearances in European competition.
- Ronaldinho scored five goals in eight appearances against Real Madrid during his spell at Barcelona.
Group C - Marseille v Zurich
- Marseille have won only three of their last 10 Champions League fixtures played at Stade Velodrome.
- Gabriel Heinze has netted his side’s two goals this season in the Champions League, both after set piece situations.
- Four of the five goals conceded by Marseille have come after the half time break (80%).
- Zurich have committed a league-high 61 fouls in the Champions League this season.
- Marseille are the only French team to have been defeated this season in the Champions League.
- This will be the third time a Swiss side travels to Marseille in European competition, so far Sion (1-3 defeat) and Young Boys Bern (0-0) have failed to win.
Group D - APOEL Nicosia v Porto
- apoel have never won a Champions League match (three draws, two defeats).
- Porto have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last nine away fixtures in the Champions League.
- Hulk scored a brace in the first leg, his first two goals after 13 appearances in the Champions League.
- The Brazilian forward has been involved in three of Porto’s four goals (two goals, one assist) and has completed the most dribbles this season in the Champions League, 22.
- Porto have already received two red cards, only Bayern Munich have had as many after three match days.
- Dionisis Chiotis has saved 19 of the 22 shots he has faced – 86%, one of the highest ratios this season.
Group D - Atletico Madrid v Chelsea
- Atletico have failed to score a single goal in their last four Champions League matches, currently the longest goal-drought amongst the teams currently involved in this competition.
- Chelsea are the only side yet to concede a goal in the Champions League this season.
- The Madrid side have failed to win any of their last six Champions League matches.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 10 Champions League encounters against Spanish sides.
- In eight trips to Spain in this competition, Chelsea have only kept one clean sheet.
- Diego Forlan scored two goals against Chelsea during his spell at Manchester United, both goals gave his former side the win: 1-0 in the Carling Cup quarter finals in 2002 the second goal in a 2-1 win in January 2003 in the Premier League.