UEFA Cup final Opta Facts
Football facts to aid your betting ahead of this week's biggest European football event, the UEFA Cup final between two sides who have not met before, Werder Bremen and Shakhtar Donetsk
Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading supplier of sports performance data, bring you Opta Facts, the key statistics you'll need to make an informed choice with your football betting.
The UEFA Cup final - Wednesday 20 May - 19:45 live on ITV4 - Istanbul, Turkey
Werder Bremen v Shakhtar Donetsk
- Werder Bremen and Shakhtar Donetsk have never met, though the Germans faced Shakhtar’s city rivals, Metalurh Donetsk in 2002, drawing 2-2 in Ukraine before winning 8-0 in Germany.
- Werder also faced a Ukrainian side in the form of Chornomorets Odessa in the 1985/86 season, when they were eliminated on away goals after a 2-1 loss in Ukraine before a 3-2 home win.
- Shakhtar have a positive record against German sides in the UEFA Cup, winning three, drawing two and losing just one game, progressing in the competition on two occasions and being eliminated just once.
- Shakhtar are undefeated in 11 matches in all competitions, drawing away at Dynamo Kiev in the first leg of their semi-final UEFA Cup match, but winning the other 10.
- The Ukrainians have also kept three consecutive clean sheets in all competitions.
- Evhen Seleznyov has scored three goals in his last three matches in all competitions.
- Werder Bremen at the weekend ended a run of three straight wins in all competitions by losing 3-1 at home to Karlsruher FC – a side who are bottom of the Bundesliga and already relegated.
Hugo Almeida has scored four goals in his last three matches with Werder (all Bundesliga matches).
Here at William Hill, we'll not only be covering this UEFA Cup final with a number of pre-match betting markets, but also as the game kick's off our betlive service takes over with the latest in-running prices as the action happens.