UEFA Cup Opta Facts: 12th March
Manchester City have won five home games in a row which would explain their short odds for tonight's match.
City edged out FC Copenhagen in the last round, who hadn't even started their domestic campaign, suggesting tonight might not be as easy as the odds imply.
|Thursday 17:00||CSKA Moscow v Shaktar Donetsk||View facts||Bet Now|
|Thursday 17:00||Dynamo Kiev v FC Metalist Kharkiv||View facts||Bet Now|
|Thursday 17:00||Hamburg v Galatasaray||View facts||Bet Now|
|Thursday 19:15||Paris Saint Germain v Braga||View facts||Bet Now|
|Thursday 19:30||Werder Bremen v St Etienne||View facts||Bet Now|
|Thursday 19:45||Man City v AaB Aalborg||View facts||Bet Now|
|Thursday 19:45||Marseille v Ajax||View facts||Bet Now|
|Thursday 19:45||Udinese v Zenit St Petersburg||View facts||Bet Now|
- CSKA are yet to lose a game in this season’s UEFA Cup – they have won seven of their eight matches so far.
- Shakhtar are undefeated in their last 11 competitive matches, winning 10 of these.
- Away from home, the Ukrainian side have won four of their last five competitive games – drawing the other.
- CSKA have won 21 of their last 25 competitive matches.
- This will be the first meeting between these clubs since the end of the former Soviet Union.
- CSKA striker Vagner Love is the top scorer in the UEFA Cup this season with 10 goals.
- They have met twice already this season, with Kiev coming out as 2-0 winners in their most recent tie. However, Metalist managed to defeat Dynamo Kiev away from home, 2-1 in August 2008.
- Kiev are unbeaten in their last seven competitive matches – winning five of these.
- Metalist have not conceded a goal in the UEFA Cup for six successive matches and have won their last five.
- In all competitions, Metalist have won seven of their last eight away matches, drawing the other.
- Kiew have only lost twice in their last 26 home matches in all compeitions – one of those defeats came against Kharkiv.
- Galatasaray have managed to win their last three competitive matches.
- Hamburg have won 11 of their last 14 competitive fixtures – losing the other three.
- Martin Jol’s side have won their last four UEFA matches; conceding just one goal in the process.
- Hamburg have only lost one of their last 16 UEFA Cup home matches – this coming against Ajax in November 2008.
- The home side has failed to score in four of the last five UEFA Cup matches involving Galatasaray.
- The Turkish side have lost just once in their last six UEFA Cup away matches, but this did come against another German side – 5-1 to Bayer Leverkusen in February 2008.
- Paris Saint-Germain have won their last three UEFA Cup matches and are unbeaten in five.
- The French side have conceded just one goal in their last four matches in the competition.
- PSG have only lost one of their last 15 UEFA Cup matches.
- Sporting have managed just three wins in their last 21 away matches in the UEFA Cup (excluding qualifying), losing 13.
- Luis Aguiar has scored in Braga’s last three fixtures in this competition.
- PSG have won 10 of their last 13 matches in all competitions.
- Werder have won five of their last seven UEFA Cup matches at the Weserstadion.
- The Germans have conceded just one goal in three matches at home to French sides in the UEFA Cup.
- St Etienne are unbeaten in their debut season in the UEFA Cup, winning six of their eight fixtures, despite keeping just one clean sheet.
- In their respective leagues though the two sides are struggling – Werder have not managed a win in six in the Bundesliga, losing three, and St. Etienne find themselves just three points off the drop zone in Ligue 1.
- However, of late the French side are unbeaten in five matches in all competitions, winning three.
- Ilan has scored four goals in his last three UEFA Cup matches.
- Manchester City have scored exactly two goals in five of their eight UEFA Cup games this season (excludes qualifiers).
- City have kept only two clean sheets in their eight UEFA Cup games this season.
- Aalborg have scored exactly three goals in their last three UEFA games.
- Aalborg have kept only two clean sheets in their last 13 UEFA Cup games.
- Aalborg lost 3-2 away to Tottenham in last season's UEFA Cup.
- Shay Given has only kept one clean sheet in his last six appearances for Manchester City.
- Marseille have scored just one goal in their last three UEFA Cup matches.
- The French side have also lost three of their last four in the competition.
- The last three goals in Marseille’s matches in Europe (inc. Champions League) have come between the 22nd and 24th minutes.
- Ajax have won four of their last five away matches in the UEFA Cup.
- The Dutch side have scored exactly one goal in five of their last six UEFA Cup ties.
- Ajax are unbeaten in their last six matches in all competitions, winning four.
- The only time that Udinese have reached the last 16 of the UEFA Cup was back in 1999-00, when they were knocked out by Slavia Prague.
- The Bianconeri have faced Russian opposition only once in European competition - last October when the Italians had the better of Spartak Moscow.
- Zenit have played Italian opposition twice in Europe, losing both of their away ties so far: a 3-0 defeat at Bologna in the UEFA Cup in 1999-00, before the 1-0 defeat at Juventus earlier this year in the group stage of the Champions League.
- Udinese have qualified to the last 16 of the UEFA Cup after managing three wins and one defeat in the group stage, and after knocking out Lech Poznan in the last 32.
- Zenit have reached the last 16 of the UEFA Cup after knocking out Stuttgart in the previous round, as a result of 2-1 wins in both ties.
- Zenit boss Dick Advocaat has lost all three of his fixtures as a club coach in Italy.