Weekend Premier League Opta Facts: 14th, 15th & 16th Fixtures
After a week of very successful Champions League action for the English teams, it's back to the Premier League for the usual high standard of weekend action.
There could be some tired performances this weekend for the big teams after their midweek success, so watch out for the possible value bets - check the facts, with OPTA!
|Saturday 12:45||Man Utd v Liverpool||View facts||Bet Now|
|Saturday 15:00||Arsenal v Blackburn||View facts||Bet Now|
|Saturday 15:00||Bolton v Fulham||View facts||Bet Now|
|Saturday 15:00||Everton v Stoke||View facts||Bet Now|
|Saturday 15:00||Hull v Newcastle||View facts||Bet Now|
|Saturday 15:00||Middlesbrough v Portsmouth||View facts||Bet Now|
|Saturday 15:00||Sunderland v Wigan||View facts||Bet Now|
|Sunday 13:30||Chelsea v Man City||View facts||Bet Now|
|Sunday 16:00||Aston Villa v Tottenham||View facts||Bet Now|
|Monday 20:00||West Ham v West Brom||View facts||Bet Now|
- Liverpool have never won at Old Trafford under Rafa Benitez.
- Liverpool have taken 10 points from four games against Big Four rivals this season.
- United have won only one of their four games against Big Four rivals this season.
- Rio Ferdinand has scored three Premier League goals against Liverpool, he has not scored more than one against any other top-flight side.
- Wayne Rooney has scored in five consecutive league games.
- The Merseysiders have recouped more points than any other team from losing positions in the top division this season (18) and are the only team to fall behind against United in the league this season and come back to win.
- Emmanuel Adebayor has scored five goals in his last three starts against Blackburn.
- Robin van Persie has scored eight goals in seven appearances in all competitions against Rovers.
- Paul Robinson has kept just one clean sheet in 14 Premier League games against Arsenal.
- Arsenal have scored 15 goals in their last five encounters with Blackburn, an average of three per game.
- Rovers have lost their last five Premier League away games against the Gunners, failing to score in four of them.
- The Gunners have scored only four goals in their last eight Premier League home games and drawn the last three 0-0.
- Zoltan Gera has scored three goals in four Premier League appearances against Bolton.
- Six of the last eight meetings between Bolton and Fulham have ended as 2-1 home wins – the other two were draws.
- Fulham have scored at least once in 10 of their last 11 Premier League encounters with the Trotters.
- Bolton have won their last three home league games by a single-goal margin.
- Roy Hodgson’s men have only scored one goal in their last 10 Premier League away matches.
- Fulham have kept six clean sheets in their last nine Premier League away trips.
- Former Toffee James Beattie has scored five goals in his last six Premier League games.
- Everton are unbeaten in their last eight games against the Potters.
- The Toffees have kept five clean sheets in their last six league games at Goodison Park.
- David Moyes’ side have lost only one of their last 11 Premier League games on home soil.
- Stoke have the worst away record in the top flight picking up just four points from a possible 42, but two of those points came against teams in the top six.
- Stoke have kept two clean sheets on the road, but have conceded at least two goals in each of the other 12 games.
- This will be the fourth clash between these sides this season after two FA Cup games and Hull are unbeaten in all three, winning two.
- The Magpies have won only one of their last 10 Premier League games.
- The Tigers have the worst home record in the top division with just 12 points from 14 matches at the KC Stadium.
- Phil Brown’s men have kept no clean sheets in their last 10 home matches and won just one of those games.
- Hull have won the last three league games against the Magpies by a 2-1 scoreline.
- Tuncay scored in both games against Portsmouth last season.
- Boro have kept clean sheets in three of their last four Premier League encounters with Portsmouth.
- Middlesbrough have failed to score in nine of their last 11 Premier League matches.
- Pompey have won only one of their last 12 Premier League matches.
- Middlesbrough have won only one of their seven league games against the teams currently in the bottom six of the table.
- Gareth Southgate’s side have kept three clean sheets in a row at the Riverside.
- Sunderland have dropped more points (20) from winning positions than any other team this season.
- Wigan have won three and drawn one of their five Premier League games with the Black Cats.
- Sunderland have failed to score in three of those five games.
- The Black Cats have won only one of their last five league matches.
- Wigan have won none of their last eight Premier League matches and only scored twice in that run.
- Amr Zaki has not scored a non-penalty goal since his celebrated brace at Anfield in October.
- Didier Drogba has scored five goals in five Premier League starts against City.
- Manchester City have failed to score against Chelsea 15 times in the Premier League – more than against any other side.
- City have scored just two goals in their last 13 top-flight encounters with the Pensioners.
- Chelsea have scored 17 goals in their last six Premier League games against City.
- City's last league win at Stamford Bridge was a 4-2 romp in the first Premier League season, 1992-93.
- City have not won any of their last 12 away games in the top flight, nor have they kept any clean sheets in that time.
- Spurs have won only one of their 16 Premier League visits to Villa Park.
- Martin O’Neill’s side have won none of the last six matches in all competitions.
- Spurs have lost only one of their last seven Premier League matches.
- Aaron Lennon has scored four goals in his last six Premier League matches.
- Villa have won only two of their last nine Premier League home games.
- Spurs have only lost one of their six games against the top five teams in the Premier League this season.
- All five of the Premier League matches between the sides have been won by a one-goal margin.
- West Brom have taken just one point from the last 18 available and conceded at least two goals in each of the last six Premier League matches.
- West Brom have kept just two clean sheets in the last 21 league games.
- On the road, the Baggies’ record is very poor with only one point from their last 11 road trips and no clean sheets.
- West Ham have been unable to win three league games in succession since the end of the 2006/07 season when their Premier League status was at stake.
- The Hammers have won four of their last five home league games – the other match was a narrow defeat to leaders Man Utd.