Fantastic 4000! AP McCoy 2/1 To Be Knighted in New Year
William Hill ambassador AP McCoy has added to his incredible legacy by reaching 4000 winners and Britain's biggest bookmaker make it 2/1 that he will receive a knighthood in the New Year's Honours List.
In any other year AP McCoy could reasonably expect to be in the running for the BBC Sports Personality Of The Year, but a certain Wimbledon winner might get in the way, and William Hill offer 14/1 that AP finishes second.
His next aim will be to beat former trainer Martin Pipe's 4183 winner mark. He's odds-on with William Hill at 1/4 to achieve that goal in 2014.
And it's 10/1 for 'The Champ' to ride 5000 winners.
William Hill Chief Executive Ralph Topping says it is a truly great sporting achievement: ''Congratulations AP. A living legend becomes an icon. Revered by punters, he regularly snatches victory from the jaws of defeat. As a racing fan, I'm certain we'll never see another like him. As a bookmaker, that brings me nothing but relief.''
There are also odds on his son, Archie, becoming UK National Hunt Champion Jockey - William Hill offer 100/1 AP Junior will follow in his father's winning footsteps.
AP McCoy has always been popular with punters and has often delivered on the biggest occasions. William Hill make it 5/1 that he will be top jockey at the 2014 Cheltenham Festival and 6/1 to win another Grand National by 2016.
William Hill AP McCoy Specials:
AP McCoy to receive a knighthood in the 2014 New Year's Honours List: 2/1
BBCSPOTY (Without Andy Murray): 4/7 Mo Farah, 15/8 Chris Froome, 14/1 Justin Rose, 14/1 Tony McCoy, 16/1 Ben Ainslie, 33/1 Alastair Cook, 33/1 Carl Froch, 33/1 James Anderson
AP McCoy to beat Martin Pipe's 4183 winners total in 2014?: 1/4 Yes, 5/2 No
AP McCoy to ride 5000 winners (by end of 2021): 10/1
AP McCoy to ride another Grand National winner up to/including 2016 Grand National: 6/1
AP McCoy to be top jockey at 2014 Cheltenham Festival: 5/1
Top Ten Times AP McCoy Has Bashed The Bookies
1) Wichita Lineman - Sent off the 5/1 Favourite for the 2009 William Hill Trophy Handicap Chase at Cheltenham Festival, Wichita Lineman looked like he was beaten, but AP McCoy produced one of the greatest rides of all time to win the race by a neck.
2) Don't Push It - The 10/1 joint favourite gave AP McCoy his one and (to date) only Grand National winner in 2010. It was the biggest ever payout on one of his rides.
3) Synchronised - Another massive payout at 8/1 for the 2012 Cheltenham Gold Cup winner
4) Binocular - AP tracked the leaders in the 2010 Champion Hurdle before unleashing his mount up the Cheltenham hill to win at 9/1
5) At Fishers Cross - one of the best backed horses at the 2013 Cheltenham Festival, AP delivered a confident ride on the 11/8 favourite to win the Albert Bartlett Novices' Hurdle and cost the bookmakers a packet
6) Best Mate - The 11/8 winning favourite of the 2002 King George VI Chase at Kempton - one of the most popular horses ridden by one of the most popular jockeys gave punters a very happy Christmas!
7) Cyfor Malta - one of the most costly horses between January 1998 and January 1999, AP rode this Martin Pipe trained horse six times in that period - each time they started as favourites, each time they won, including a victory at the Cheltenham Festival
8) Gloria Victis - The 1999 winner of the Feltham Novices' Chase at Kempton, there was never a moments doubt as the 2/1 favourite breezed to an 18 length success
9) Albertas Run - Three Cheltenham Festival wins with McCoy on board. The most costly was the 2008 RSA Chase where he was smashed in to 4/1 favouritism and duly delivered, leaving the bookies reeling
10) Darlan - won the 2012 williamhill.com Christmas Hurdle at Kempton, with AP once again proving to be a punter's best friend