Festival Facts | March 11 - 14
The Cheltenham Festival is the most exhilarating four days in the sporting calendar.
With the best horses, jockeys and trainers competing in 27 races of the highest quality, competition will be fierce.
Get an extra edge with our Festival Facts.
- Bobs Worth has a fantastic record at Cheltenham with 5 wins from 5 runs. Will Bobs Worth to win the Gold Cup?
- Paul Nicholls has a 32% (9-28) Festival strike rate since 2004 with horses that were last time out winners at Newbury. Will Newbury winner Calipto win the Triumph Hurdle?
- Young Irish sensation Bryan Cooper rode 3 winners at last year's festival and has since become retained jockey to Gigginstown House Stud. Will Bryan Cooper claim Top Festival Jockey?
- Enda Bolger has a fantastic record in the Cross Country Chase, training 4 winners, 4 2nds, 2 3rds and 2 4ths. Will he train this year's victor?
- Quevega has won 4 of the last 5 Mares' Hurdles by 4 lengths or more and is bidding for a record sixth straight success at Cheltenham. Can Willie Mullins' wondermare enhance her record further by winning this year's race by 4 lengths or more? Quevega to win The Mares' Hurdle by 4 or more lengths.
- Since Kauto Star won the 2009 Gold Cup, Paul Nicholls has not trained a chase winnr at the Cheltenham Festival in 63 attempts. Paul Nicholls not to train a Chase winner at the 2014 Cheltenham Festival.
- Al Ferof, third in the King George, has won over 2m and 2m 5f at Cheltenham during his career and is set to run over one of those distances this year. Al Ferof to win any race at the 2014 Cheltenham Festival.
- JP McManus is the leading owner at the Cheltenham Festival with a total of 39 winners. JP McManus to be Top Festival Owner
- Kings Theatre is one of the leading festival sires, siring 7 winners in the last 4 years. The New One and Kings Palace to win at the Festival.
- Barry Geraghty won the leading rider award in 2012 and has accumulated a total of 28 wins at the Festival in his career. Geraghty to be Top Festival Jockey.
- David Pipe and Donald McCain between them have had their last 61 Festival runners beaten. Neither to train a winner at Cheltenham Festival.
- In the last seven years at the Cheltenham Festival there have been five winners returned at an SP of 50/1 or bigger. 2014 winner with an SP of 50/1 or greater.
- Seven-year-olds have won 12 of the last 14 runnings of the RSA Chase. Ballycasey to win the RSA Chase.
- Mrs S Ricci has a powerful team of horses heading to Cheltenham, including Annie Power, Vautour, Champagne Fever and Ballycasey. Mrs S Ricci to be Festival Top Owner.
- Nicky Henderson has had at least 2 Grade 1 winners in each of the last 5 Festivals. Henderson to train 2 or more Grade 1 winners.
- After winning the Bumper and Supreme Novices' Hurdle at the last two Festivals, can Champagne Fever win the Arkle Chase for Irish legend Willie Mullins?
- In the last three years there have been at least 8 winning favourites throughout each Cheltenham Festival. Will 8 or more SP favourites win this year?
- At last year's Cheltenham Festival, Mouse Morris had three places from three runners. Will his First Lieutenant and Rule The World place at this year's Festival?
- Willie Mullins won the 12' & 13' Champion Bumpers with Champagne Fever and Briar Hill and has won it 8 times in all. Can the Irish master trainer win it again?
- Irish trained horses have won 8 of the last 13 Supreme Hurdles and have a quality entry list in this year's renewal. Can they start the Festival with another win?
- Nicky has had 2 winners and 8 places in the last 9 running's of the race named in honour of his father. Can he win the Johnny Henderson Grand Annual on Friday?
- With over 25 Festival victories to his name, including 2 in each of the last two years, the champ is a Cheltenham specialist. Will he ride exactly 2 winners this year?
- Since 2000, 7 Champion Hurdles have won by 3 lengths or more. This year's renewal looks an absolute cracker. Will the winning distance be 3 lengths or greater?
- 8 of the last 20 Arkle (2:05 Tuesday) winners have been French bred horses. Trifolium and Grandouet lead the current French entries. Can the French win again?
- 2010 Grand National winning trainer Jonjo O'Neill has won 4 out of the last 12 National Hunt Chases. With strong fancies this year, can he enjoy a fifth success?
- The starting price of 7 of the last 13 Foxhunter (4:00 Friday) winners has been 14/1 or bigger. Will this year’s winning SP follow the trend and be 14/1 or more?