OPTA Facts - Aviva Premiership Final - Harlequins v Leicester
Statistics and facts to help your betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
OPTA Facts - Aviva Premiership Final - bet now on Rugby Union
- This will be Leicester’s eight consecutive appearance in the Premiership final as they aim to win a record 10 titles.
- The Tigers had the best discipline in the league this season, they were the only side to concede under 10 penalties and free-kicks per game (9.9).
- Harlequins were forced to make fewer tackles per game (80.8) than any other Aviva Premiership side in 2011/12, however they also had the poorest completion rate (88.4%).
- Leicester won a competition high 88.5% of scrums on their own feed in 2011/12.
- Harlequins and England full-back Mike Brown made more metres with the ball in hand (1,448) than any other player in this campaign.
- Thomas ‘the Tank Engine’ Waldrom made more than 50 more carries than any other player this season (304).
- Harlequins are looking to become the third different side to finish top of the table and win the Aviva Premiership play-offs (Leicester – 2001, 2009, 2010, Sale – 2006).
- Leicester have scored 34 first half tries this season, this is more than four Premiership sides managed in total and only one fewer than their semi-final opponents Saracens managed overall.