Matt Cardle set for Xmas No.1 as bookies bashed!
William Hill paid out a massive seven figure sum after hot favourite Matt Cardle won the X Factor.
Matt's victory has seen the odds of the Christmas number one tumble from 4/7 to 2/7 but there is still a question mark over who will be on the judging panel in 2011.
Hills offer 4/6 that the line up remains the same but should any of the judges get the sack Hills offer 6/4 that Katie Perry is drafted in as a replacement, 2/1 Nicole Scherzinger and Robbie Williams 6/1. Matt is 7/4 to have just one number one in the next year and Hills offer 3/1 that One Direction have more number one singles in 2011 than Matt who is 1/2.
"The X Factor goes from strength to strength and at one point on Sunday night we were taking over 130 bets a minute. The X Factor is quite simply the Daddy of reality TV betting," said Hill's spokesman Rupert Adams.
William Hill X-Factor Odds:
4/6 No Change To X Factor Judging Panel
First New X-Factor Judge:
6/4 Katie Perry, 2/1 Nicole Scherzinger, 6/1 Gary Barlow, Robbie Williams, 10/1 Leona Lewis, 10/1 Pixie Lott, 10/1 Lily Allen, 10/1 Natalie Imbruglia, 16/1 Ronan Keating, 16/1 Geri Haliwell, 16/1 Charlotte Church, 25/1 Alexandra Burke, 25/1 Kylie Minogue, 25/1 Victoria Beckham.
Christmas Number One:
2/7 Matt Cardle, 3/1 Trashmen, 6/1 Jon Cage, 14/1 Gamu, 16/1 Xander Rawlins, 20/1 Bryn Terfyll & Bing Crosby, 20/1 Ellie Golding...others on request.
How Many Number One Singles Will Matt Cardle Have In 2011 (inc. winners single)
7/4 One, 4/5 Two, 8/1 None, 8/1 Three, 16/1 Four or more
Who Will Have Most Number Ones in 2011?
1/2 Matt Cardle, 3/1 One Direction, 4/1 Rebecca Ferguson
X Factor 2010 Facts:
1. William Hill Took 137 bets in the final final minute of the show last Night
2. Hills took 23 £1000+ bets on the final day
3. Hills biggest bets were £6,000 & £5,000 both for Matt
4. William Hill Turnover For The X factor was well over £2,000,000
5. Average bet was up from £8.13 in 2009 to £12.38 this year
6. Betting has increased by approx 26 fold compared to the first series
7. X-Factor is one of only 4 markets where women outspend men
8. Only One Final Day Favourite Has Ever Been Beaten: Rhydian