Premier League Opta Facts - April 19-20
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Premier League Opta Facts - April 19th-20th
Newcastle United v Manchester United
- Wayne Rooney has scored nine goals in 11 Premier League appearances for Manchester United against Newcastle.
- Dimitar Berbatov has scored in both of his Premier League appearances against the Magpies.
- Man Utd scored three goals from just four shots on target in their 3-0 win at Old Trafford on the opening day.
- The Magpies have kept just two clean sheets in their last 15 Premier League matches at St James Park.
- Newcastle have taken just one point from the last 21 available in home games against Manchester United in the Premier League.
- Newcastle have won none and lost 13 of the last 16 Premier league games against the Red Devils.
- Manchester United have a 100% Premier League record on Tuesday nights in April - P4 W4.
Chelsea v Birmingham City
- Chelsea have kept nine clean sheets in 13 Premier League matches against Birmingham City.
- After winning none of the first 12 Premier League games against Chelsea, Birmingham won the last meeting 1-0 at St Andrews in November.
- Birmingham haven't won away in the top flight against Chelsea since November 1963, though they did beat the Londoners 2-1 in the second tier in 1979.
- Birmingham have won just one of their last 11 Premier League games away in London.
- Birmingham (19) have picked up more points than Manchester City (18) since January 1st 2011.
- Chelsea have won only three of their 14 Premier League games played on Wednesdays in April.
- Fernando Torres has now gone 873 minutes without a goal (includes games for Liverpool and Spain).
Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal
- Tottenham have not won three league games in a row against Arsenal since October 1974.
- Samir Nasri has scored three goals in two appearances against Spurs this season.
- Gareth Bale has scored three goals in five Premier League games against Arsenal, more than against any other opponent.
- Tottenham have kept just one clean sheet in their last 30 games against Arsenal in all competitions.
- Under Harry Redknapp, Spurs have won two, drawn two and lost two of their games against Arsenal.
- Tottenham have drawn nine times at home to Arsenal, making it the joint-most drawn fixture in Premier League history, seven of those draws have come in the last 10 meetings.
- Tottenham have only lost two of their last 20 Premier League matches.
- Spurs haven't lost a Premier League match at White Hart Lane against any London side since Harry Redknapp's appointment.
- Tottenham have scored the fewest goals at home in the Premier League (6) in 2011.