Premier League Opta Facts - April 9 - 11
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Blackburn Rovers v Birmingham City
- Six of the last eight Premier League meetings between Blackburn and Birmingham have ended as 2-1 wins to the home side.
- The last nine matches between Rovers and City in all competitions have ended as home wins and none of the last 12 has seen the away side win.
- Cameron Jerome has scored five goals in five Premier League appearances against Blackburn; more than against any other side.
- Blackburn have conceded a higher percentage of second half goals than any other team (69%).
- Kevin Phillips has scored in all four starts that he has made for Birmingham City in all competitions this season.
- The Blues have won just two of their last 19 Premier League away games.
Chelsea v Wigan Athletic
- Chelsea have scored 14 goals without reply in their last two Premier League games against Wigan.
- Chelsea have won nine and lost just one of the 11 Premier League meetings with the Latics.
- There have been nine goals scored in the 90th minute or later in the 11 Premier League meetings between Chelsea and Wigan.
- Nicolas Anelka has scored six goals in nine Premier League games against Wigan and four in the last two.
- Salomon Kalou has scored three goals in his last two Premier League games against Wigan.
- Chelsea have dropped only four points from winning positions this season, fewer than any other team.
- Wigan have won just one of 18 matches against teams currently in the top half of the table.
- Chelsea have won twice as many corners as they have conceded (210 to 105), winning more than any other team and giving away fewer.
Manchester United v Fulham
- Man Utd have won only one of their last four Premier League games against Fulham.
- Wayne Rooney has scored five goals in the last four Premier League games for Man Utd against Fulham at Old Trafford.
- Rooney has scored eight goals in his last eight Premier League matches.
- Fulham have picked up the joint-fewest yellow cards and are the only team not to have earned a red card this season.
- Mark Hughes has won two, drawn three and lost six of his meetings as a coach with mentor Sir Alex Ferguson.
- United have kept just two clean sheets in their last nine Premier League matches.
- Man Utd have taken 49 points from a possible 51 in their last 17 Premier League games at Old Trafford.
- Javier Hernandez has scored 11 goals from just 15 shots on target in the Premier League this season.
Sunderland v West Bromwich Albion
- Sunderland have hit the target with 37% of their shots this season, a lower percentage than any other team.
- Sunderland have taken just one point from the last 21 available in the Premier League.
- The Black Cats are the only team to have failed to score in four consecutive matches in the top flight this season.
- Only Man Utd, Chelsea and Everton have taken more points in the Premier League than West Brom since Roy Hodgson took over.
- The Baggies have gone a record 29 Premier League games without keeping a clean sheet.
- Sunderland and West Brom have conceded a joint-high eight goals in the opening 15 minutes of Premier league matches this season.
- West Brom have had a joint-league high six players sent off in the Premier League this season.
Tottenham Hotspur v Stoke City
- Stoke have scored exactly one goal in each of their last four Premier League games against Spurs.
- Tottenham have recouped more points (21) from losing positions than any other side in the Premier League.
- Stoke have scored a higher percentage of second half goals than any other team (76%).
- Spurs have lost just one of their last nine Premier League games but have drawn the last three in a row.
- Spurs last four games have been against the current bottom four and they have won none, drawn three and lost one.
- Spurs have lost just one of their last 25 home Premier League matches.
- Stoke have lost their last six Premier League away games on the trot, failing to score in the last five.
Blackpool v Arsenal
- No side has kept a clean sheet in a Premier League game at Bloomfield Road, but Blackpool have also scored against all their visitors.
- Blackpool have scored more goals (nine) from outside the box than any other team.
- Arsenal have had more opponents sent off than any other side (8) and all of them have been straight red cards.
- Robin van Persie has scored 19 goals in his last 20 Premier League starts.
- It is 13 games since Blackpool last kept a clean sheet and they have won just one of their last 11 Premier League matches.
- Arsenal are unbeaten in their last 13 Premier League matches, but have drawn the last three in a row.
- The Gunners have kept eight clean sheets in their last 11 Premier League outings.
- Arsenal have won just one of their five matches against the three promoted sides, this coming against Blackpool at the Emirates (6-0).
Aston Villa v Newcastle United
- Aston Villa have dropped more points (23) from winning positions than any other team in the Premier League.
- Villa have conceded more headed goals than any other team in the Premier League (13).
- If Darren Bent (five goals) scores, he will become Villa's joint-top scorer this season, despite only joining them in January.
- Villa have won only one of their last seven Premier League matches.
- Gerard Houllier's side have kept just one clean sheet in their last 10 Premier League matches at Villa Park.
- Six of the last seven meetings between Villa and Newcastle have ended as a home win and none of them as an away victory.
Liverpool v Manchester City
- Liverpool have drawn three and won none of the last four Premier League games against Man City.
- 11 of the 12 goals Liverpool have scored in the 13 Premier League games against Man City since August 2005 have been scored in the second half and the first half goal was netted as late as the 40th minute.
- Carlos Tevez has scored four goals in six Premier League appearances against Liverpool.
- Man City have won more penalties than any other side (nine).
- Man City have scored the highest percentage of goals in the opening 15 minutes of matches (20%) and the lowest percentage of goals in the final 15 minutes (10%).
- 41% of the goals Man City have conceded have been shipped in the final 15 minutes, the highest percentage in the Premier League.
- Liverpool have scored in all of their last 13 Premier League outings.
- The Reds have lost just one of their last 11 Premier League home games.