Opta Facts - World Cup 3rd Place Play Off
- This will be the 12th clash between Brazil and Holland (W3, D5, L3) and the fifth in World Cup finals.
- In World Cups, the Dutchmen have won twice, most recently in the 2010 quarter finals (2-1). Brazil managed to win once (1994), plus a penalty shoot-out 1998 (4-2).
- For the second time after 1974 and 1978, the Netherlands will finish in the top four in two consecutive World Cups.
- The Dutchmen had scored 12 goals in their opening four games but failed to find the net in both the quarter-final and the semi-final, despite both matches going to extra-time.
- The Netherlands have lost five of seven penalty shoot-outs in World Cups and European Championships.
- Oranje will appear in their second third place game (1998 1-2 loss v Croatia).
- Brazil have conceded the most goals in the current World Cup campaign (11). The last time they conceded 11 was in 1938 and they've never conceded more than 11.
- 10 of the Netherlands' 12 goals in this tournament have come after half-time; the last four have come after the 75th minute.
- In the semi-final, the Dutchmen attempted just seven shots (incl blocked) in 120 minutes - in all of their previous World Cup matches since 1966, they had managed at least 10 shots.
- While Holland had just one shot on target in the semi-final, Brazil had eight in the 7-1 loss versus Germany.
- This will be Brazil's fourth appearance in the third place game, but their first since 1978.
- Brazil have won two and lost one of their three previous appearances in the third place match.
- Against Germany, Brazil conceded just 11 fouls while conceding 31 against Colombia in the quarter-final.
- Only Karim Benzema (15) has had more shots on target than Robin van Persie (10) in this World Cup; but the Dutchman is yet to score in the knockout stages.
- The injured Neymar (13) is the only player who created more goalscoring chances for Brazil than Marcelo (10).
Click here to view our full range of Brazil V Holland betting
View our betting and specials on World Cup 2014