By News Team
Last Updated: 13th November 2019
Michael van Gerwen’s 111.38 average and 55% on his doubles when beating Ross Smith in the Grand Slam of Darts Group A clash on Tuesday night has sent out a firm message to the rest of the players in the competition: that he is here for business.
And now that the format has gone up to best of 19 it makes MVG more of a red-hot favourite than he was before and he is certainly my tip to win another major TV event to add to the many others.
With all the Grand Slam of Darts group games finished, we now go to the straight knockout fixtures, where the format goes up considerably to the best of 19 legs (first to 10).
This does lend itself towards the senior pros as they play this format all the time, and of course the favourite, Van Gerwen, will feel invincible now – and after his performance on Tuesday, who can tip against him?
On Wednesday night we have the first four games of the last 16 and I’m sticking away from the straight wins as they seem too close. However, of those four fixtures, I am putting a treble up that are all over 16.5 legs in the match:
- Michael Smith vs Daryl Gurney at 4/6.
- Rob Cross vs Peter Wright at 8/11.
- Glen Durrant vs Gabriel Clemens at 8/11.
And here’s a selection of other bets that have caught my eye:
- At least one leg to finish on the bullseye in Michael Smith vs Daryl Gurney at 10/11.
- Glen Durrant over 115.5 on his match check-out vs Gabriel Clemens at 5/6.
- Both Rob Cross and Peter Wright to be over 113.5 on their individual match checkouts at 5/6 each.