By William Hill
24th October 2018
Burnley welcome Mauricio Sarri’s Chelsea to Turf Moor in what will be a difficult game for the hosts. The Blues come into this game undefeated and will want to continue their impressive start to the season by capitalising on the Burnley’s poor form of late.
Burnley vs Chelsea: Odds and predictions
The Clarets are 8/1 underdogs in our betting tips, with Sarri’s side trading at 4/11, and a potential draw projected at 19/5.
Sean Dyche’s side have a difficult task in nullifying the attacking potency present in this Chelsea side.
Under their preferred style of play- Sarri-ball- they have netted 22 goals in nine games, averaging over two goals per game, and the man of the moment, Eden Hazard, is wagering at 16/5 coming into the game.
The Belgian has averaged goal or assist every 66.7 minutes in the Premier League this season (7 goals and 3 assists)
So far, his skill and pace on the counter has been uncontainable, but also his passing play to those ahead of him, such as Alvaro Morata.
The first of our Burnley vs Chelsea predictions, see him making it eight goals in his first ten starts to the season.
Yet while Morata is our pick to get amongst the goals with the odds set at 7/2, Burnley still have a few tricks up their sleeve to instigate attacks of their own.
Leading the charge is Sam Vokes, who has bagged a brace of goals this season, despite struggling for form.
His physicality and strength with the ball mean we’re forecasting him to cause the Cesar Azpilicueta and co problems during free-kicks and corners.
The 29-year-old Welshman is projected to score with odds betting at 10/1, yet our betting tipsters see him finishing on the losing side.
- Chelsea vs Man United predictions, betting tips, and odds
- West Ham vs Chelsea predictions, betting tips and odds
Burnley vs Chelsea head-to-head: (most recent first) Burnley 1-2 Chelsea, Burnley 3-2 Chelsea, Burnley 1-1 Chelsea, Burnley 0-3 Chelsea, Burnley 1-1 Chelsea
Burnley vs Chelsea match betting: score, best bet, scorer
Predicted score: Chelsea to win 3-1, trading @ 11/1
Given that their last outing was a 5-0 trouncing at the hands of the League leaders, it doesn’t get much more difficult than facing the third-placed team next.
The first of our match bets in our Burnley vs Chelsea predictions see the Clarets facing consecutive defeats, by three goals to one.
A defence featuring the likes of Ben Mee and James Tarkowski should help their cause, but only to narrow the losing margin by two goals, rather than five.
Chelsea are now unbeaten in 65 home league matches in which they have been ahead at half-time, and the omens don’t look too good for Sean Dyche coming into the clash at Turf Moor.
The Blues have looked anything but slow in their first-half performances across the season, and have only grown stronger on the other side of the half-time break.
If they begin as strongly as they have done this season, our betting tipsters are picking them as the best team to punt on winning both halves in our Burnley vs Chelsea predictions.
Predicted scorer: Olivier Giroud to score first, odds @ 7/2
One man content on taking the back seat in this mouth-watering Chelsea offence has been Olivier Giroud, yet our traders are forcing him off the back seat and into the limelight for Sunday’s match.
Always the provider to players like Hazard and Pedro with four assists to his name this season, the Frenchman has proved his capabilities in front of goal and is our tip to score first.
He will provide an aerial threat from corners and free-kicks but also possesses a potent striking technique.
Granted, you’ll be tempted to bet on Hazard, but Giroud certainly wagers as a more daring projection in our Burnley vs Chelsea predictions, with Turf Moor the perfect hunting ground to do so.
Burnley vs Chelsea stats: Opta
- Burnley are yet to beat Chelsea at Turf Moor in a Premier League match (P4 W0 D1 L3) – their last home league win over the Blues was in April 1983 in the second tier.
- Burnley have won just two points from their last 12 home Premier League games against the ‘big six’, drawing two and losing 10 since a 2-0 win over Liverpool in August 2016.
- Chelsea are unbeaten after the first nine games of a top-flight season for just the fifth time in their history alongside 1964-65 (3rd), 1966-67 (9th), 2005-06 (1st) and 2014-15 (1st).
- Burnley have lost six of their last seven home Premier League games played on Sunday (W1), losing each of the last four in a row, including two this season against Watford (1-3) and Man Utd (0-2).
- Maurizio Sarri could become the first Chelsea manager to remain unbeaten in his first 10 Premier League matches in charge of the club (P9 W6 D3 L0).