By News Team
Last Updated: 7th January 2020
Chelsea host Everton at Stamford Bridge as one part of four fixtures that make up Sunday’s Premier League action. The Blues currently sit in second place in the league with the Toffees finally in the top half at 9th position.
Chelsea vs Everton: odds and predictions
Maurizio Sarri’s men are unsurprisingly the betting favourites for this fixture with their odds priced up at an extremely short 42/100 for the victory. The William Hill traders meanwhile have determined that Everton’s odds of claiming all three points would bet at a 6/1 pick.
The sharing of the spoils of war is betting at a 4/1 tip but why not read on to see what our Chelsea vs Everton predictions and betting tips reckon will happen?
Now sitting in a top 10 position, things are finally looking up for Evertonians.
With wins against Fulham, Leicester City, Crystal Palace and Brighton in their last five league games, the Everton project is finally gathering steam. But can they go one further and make a dent against a resurgent Chelsea side?
Based on our Chelsea vs Everton predictions and betting tips: no.
Sarri’s men are have been in imperious form in recent weeks recording four consecutive victories in all competitions. Better still, they have seemingly finally brought the best out of marginalised players like Alvaro Morata, Ross Barkley and Ruben Loftus-Cheek.
Spanish striker Morata features in our Chelsea vs Everton predictions and betting tips and can be backed at a 19/20 tip to score anytime.
Head-to-head record (most recent first): Everton 0-0 Chelsea, Chelsea 2-2 Everton, Chelsea 2-0 Everton, Everton 0-3 Chelsea, Chelsea 5-0 Everton.
Chelsea vs Everton predictions: score, best bet, scorer tips
Best bet: Alvaro Morata to score first @ 7/2
Rewind to the start of the season and you’ll note how little had changed for Chelsea’s £60m forward. A new season, a new coach and yet goals at Stamford Bridge for Alvaro Morata still continued to prove troublesome. However, slowly but surely Sarri has brought out the attacking instincts Morata showcased so well in his last season for Madrid, where his 20 goals helped Los Blancos to a Champions League and La Liga double.
The first instalment of our Chelsea vs Everton predictions and betting tips then forecast the opening goal to arrive at the hands of Morata. The 26-year-old’s revival was no false down with five strikes in his last seven games propelling us to back this tip.
Better still, Morata has opened the scoring in three of Chelsea’s lasts seven games and with odds of 7/2 offered, this one is definitely worth keeping an eye on.
Score prediction: Match result Chelsea and Both Teams to Score betting at 17/10 pick.
The last time Chelsea failed to score was nine games ago – all the way back in September. The last time Everton didn’t hit the back of the net was on that very same 23rd September day.
In fact only Arsenal have prevented Everton from scoring in the Premier League season and that bodes well for our Chelsea vs Everton predictions where we project a win for Chelsea and Both Teams to Score at odds of 17/10.
Only Manchester City have scored more Premier League goals than Chelsea this season and the bout set to take place at Stamford Bridge, you can be sure of goals and a strong Chelsea performance.
Chelsea vs Everton predictions: Opta stats
- Chelsea are unbeaten in 23 home Premier League games against Everton (W13 D10) since losing 0-1 in November 1994.
- In all competitions, Everton have won none of their last 28 visits to Stamford Bridge against Chelsea (D11 L17).
- Only one team has ever had a longer winless away run against an opponent in Premier League history than Everton’s current 23 against Chelsea – Spurs went 25 away games without a win at Stamford Bridge between 1993 and 2016.
- Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fàbregas has had a hand in 10 goals in his last 10 Premier League games against Everton (5 goals, 5 assists).
- If Chelsea avoid defeat here, Maurizio Sarri will set a new record for longest unbeaten start in the competition by a manager (12 games), overtaking Frank Clark’s 11 games in 1994.
- Coming into this matchday, no player has been involved in more Premier League goals this season than Chelsea’s Eden Hazard (11 – 7 goals, 4 assists).