By Thomas Reynolds
Last Updated: 26th February 2019
Chelsea host Tottenham at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday evening, with the match betting for London derby in line for William Hill’s Golden Goal treatment.
Maurizio Sarri’s side are 5/4 for favourites in the 90 minutes odds, with the Lilywhites 11/5 for three points and the draw, which has yet to occur in a single league game for the visitors all season, priced up at 12/5.
As our midweek Golden Goal game, if your team scores first, you win, no matter what the end result.
If you back a side and they bag first, but go on to draw or lose the game, you’ll still be paid out as a winner up to £50 in cash. Check out all the terms and conditions.
Which of the capital city heavyweights is more likely to net first? Here are some key statistics to help you decide.
Chelsea to score first vs Tottenham
- Sarri’s men have netted the opener in their last two home games against Spurs.
- The Blues are the fifth-highest home first-half scorers in the top-flight in 2018/19.
- Chelsea have the second best home defence in the Premier League, giving up just nine goals in 13 matches at Stamford Bridge this term.
- They’ve also found the net inside the opening 17 minutes of their last two league games in front of their own fans.
Tottenham to score first vs Chelsea
- Spurs have struck the first goal in 19 of their 27 Premier League games so far this season, including 10 of their 14 away fixtures.
- The Lilywhites have bagged the opener on the road as many times as any other side in the division, with Liverpool and Manchester City also having done so on 10 occasions.
- Mauricio Pochettino’s men have failed to score just once in 22 away games across all competitions this season.
- Harry Kane is the third-highest first goalscorer in the Premier League this season, with six openers to his name – his first goalscorer odds are 9/2.